“Bad..very bad”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was spacious but only 2 wash cloths and towels for 4 people. We tried to get more but no staff available because the lobby was closed. There was a giant hole in the ceiling directly in front of our room, we had to step over the trash cans that caught the water because it was a rainy evening. The lock on our room was busted, the sink sprayed water all over the place, the remote for the tv didn't work, the ice machine didn't work, the floor trim in the lobby was fully duct taped. Bad night, bad room, bad accommodations and I can't leave out the glitter on the ceiling and the runner lights in the hall and lobby gave me the feeling that I was in a "pay by the hour motel".

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Cwiseman80
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We are extremely sorry for your negative experience! Please know, we are working through some management changes to make sure such incidences do not occur in the future! I will be pleased to speak to you personally to see how best I can make it up to you for all the inconvenience and discomfort, it is certainly a less than positive experience and we'd like to earn your business again once our renovations are fully completed! I'll be getting in touch with you momentarily to try my best to better serve you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Pine Grove Econo Lodge is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The sheets were heavily stained, full of holes, and, worst of all, covered with hair and crumbs from what I assume were previous guests. The pillow cases were dingy and the pillows themselves appeared to be discolored from years of sweat stains. The blankets were ripped and had multiple cigarette burns.

Having suspected that they failed to change the bedding after the previous guests left, I called the front desk and asked them to do so. The housekeeper that came to change the bedding was very rude. Bizarrely, he appeared to be wearing pajamas and seemed as though he had just been woken up to address my complaint! At first, he tried changing ONLY the fitted sheet. I had to insist that he change the rest of the bedding several times before he obliged, and even then he only changed the pillow cases and top sheet and wouldn't provide new blankets! Unfortunately, a change of bedding didn't even resolve the problem because the new bedding was also covered with stains, holes, and hair!!!

Overall, I was extremely dissatisfied and would never stay here again. This hotel is cheaper than others in the vicinity, but the $30 dollars I saved was not worth the hassle and disgust I endured. Avoid this disgusting excuse of a hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jack S

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Sorry to say but I did 14 country even in Africa and nothing was worst then this hotel. Very dirty health hazard mold on the picture frame on the wall,,, holes in the door,, some sort of sticky stuff on the ceiling,,, manager greeted us in his Pj's,, I have picture and will for sure send an email to Choice hotel,, cannot believe this is part of their branches,,,, slept in our clothing for 3-4 hours and then decided to leave too creepy,, NEVER EVER AGAIN,,,,,,,

Room Tip: Stay away Stay away Stay away Stay away
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelvoyage123

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. The room was musty. The toilet was cracked. The rugs were torn and had pieces replaced and had strands hanging out. There were hairs on the sink presumably from the former occupants. There were flies in the room. There were missing electrical switch plates. All in all it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bobd01469
Reviewed December 9, 2012

First, the positives. Our room was clean, quiet, roomy, and there was lots of hot water. Now the negatives. Check-in was slow, the whole property needs updating and better maintenance. Our room had missing trim work, a cracked sink, an on-going drippy tap in the tub, and a tricky toilet flush lever that threatened to detach with each use. The furniture was well used. Breakfast was sub-standard. There was bread for toast, packaged sweet breads, watery juice, and waffles that stuck to the griddle. Next time we will spend a little more and have a better experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Audrey S

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I were amazed at the wonderful service, clean and quite accommodations and free breakfast that were offered. We were heading home from Virginia when our car broke down and pulled into the Econo Lodge around midnight. The owner was so pleasant and really sympathized with us. Needless to say, he agreed that we could leave our car there till the dealership picked it up. He even told me he would look after it while it was there. We could not believe how understanding he was. Such a great value on all they have to offer. I highly recommend the Pine Grove Econo Lodge and would certainly stay there again. The rating only goes to 5, but we give it a 10. Thank you so much!!!!
Concetta & George Payne

Room Tip: We loved the ground level and have no complaints.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the adjacent Comfort Inn on my way south and at this property on my return journey 10 days later. The Econo Lodge was better value for money. The room was clean and comfortable, the location was quiet. The breakfast was pretty basic, but the waffle maker did put it above others in its class. Lots of notices about, trying to regulate guests' behaviour. Mildly annoying, but since I don't behave badly, of no real consequence.

The room had all the essentials, table and a couple of chairs, separate desk and chair. Wireless Internet worked well.

Would certainly have no problem stopping here in the future if driving I-81 again.

As on my previous stay at Pine Grove, had a satisfactory meal at the Diner next to the Pilot Travel Centre on Suedberg Road on the west side of I-81. Since this "Diner" seems to have no Internet presence, don't think TA will accept a separate review.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!