“Horrible accomodations” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Townsend, Massachusetts
“Horrible accomodations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. The room was musty. The toilet was cracked. The rugs were torn and had pieces replaced and had strands hanging out. There were hairs on the sink presumably from the former occupants. There were flies in the room. There were missing electrical switch plates. All in all it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bobd01469

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bancroft
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

First, the positives. Our room was clean, quiet, roomy, and there was lots of hot water. Now the negatives. Check-in was slow, the whole property needs updating and better maintenance. Our room had missing trim work, a cracked sink, an on-going drippy tap in the tub, and a tricky toilet flush lever that threatened to detach with each use. The furniture was well used. Breakfast was sub-standard. There was bread for toast, packaged sweet breads, watery juice, and waffles that stuck to the griddle. Next time we will spend a little more and have a better experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Audrey S
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are extremely sorry for your negative experience! Please know, we are working through some management changes to make sure such incidences do not occur in the future! I will be pleased to speak to you personally to see how best I can make it up to you for all the inconvenience and discomfort, it is certainly a less than positive experience and we'd like to earn your business again once our renovations are fully completed! I'll be getting in touch with you momentarily to try my best to better serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Pine Grove hotels

Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I were amazed at the wonderful service, clean and quite accommodations and free breakfast that were offered. We were heading home from Virginia when our car broke down and pulled into the Econo Lodge around midnight. The owner was so pleasant and really sympathized with us. Needless to say, he agreed that we could leave our car there till the dealership picked it up. He even told me he would look after it while it was there. We could not believe how understanding he was. Such a great value on all they have to offer. I highly recommend the Pine Grove Econo Lodge and would certainly stay there again. The rating only goes to 5, but we give it a 10. Thank you so much!!!!
Concetta & George Payne

Room Tip: We loved the ground level and have no complaints.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the adjacent Comfort Inn on my way south and at this property on my return journey 10 days later. The Econo Lodge was better value for money. The room was clean and comfortable, the location was quiet. The breakfast was pretty basic, but the waffle maker did put it above others in its class. Lots of notices about, trying to regulate guests' behaviour. Mildly annoying, but since I don't behave badly, of no real consequence.

The room had all the essentials, table and a couple of chairs, separate desk and chair. Wireless Internet worked well.

Would certainly have no problem stopping here in the future if driving I-81 again.

As on my previous stay at Pine Grove, had a satisfactory meal at the Diner next to the Pilot Travel Centre on Suedberg Road on the west side of I-81. Since this "Diner" seems to have no Internet presence, don't think TA will accept a separate review.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sherbrooke, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

First experience with a travel lodge. Bad service. The staff at the front desk were trying to make money on us. When we called the center of choice hotels, we had a rate of $ 79/night. As we were not decided, we finally decided to go directly through the hotel. The room was now at $ 99 a night, and that was supposely a deal, because all other hotels were full. Every customer that came in after us they were increasing the rate. The quoted price on the bedroom door is $ 80 a night. The furniture was stained, The coffee pot had not been washed for a long time, There was a broken toilet down the hall??? Breakfast if you can called that a breakfast was not good. A place to avoid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank more_vacation4
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was our first experience to stay here. The staff and front-desk was wonderful, greeted very well and very helpful. The gentleman from India at front-desk is very prompt and perfect. The hotel is very clean and room has no smell at all and well organized. I highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My name is Nekesha, i stayed there with a friend last week and this hotel was one of the best hotels ive been to. Extremely clean, quiet, and comfy. The manager mr.perry was very polite as well as the front desk. I didnt even have to ask for anything its like my mind was read because before i asked it was either given to me or already there and i appreciate that. I will reccomend this hotel to family and friends. Keep up the good work!!! I will see you soon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!