“Just Fine for an Overnight Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Connecticut
“Just Fine for an Overnight Stay”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The two of us stayed here on our drive back from Florida to Connecticut upon the recommendation of a friend. It is located directly between a McDonald's and a Dollar General Store; noise was surprisingly not an issue. Our room, including the bathroom, was very clean, we had internet service, there was a refrigerator and microwave. The mattress was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. On the other hand there were wires dangling from where the smoke alarm had been removed and there was no desk in our room. Breakfast included cereals, waffles, rolls, bread, juice and coffee. The desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. The lobby was clean and inviting.

While the motel had some deficiencies, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the night here again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms on the back side of the hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank trainbuff9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My parents stayed in this hotel on the way from Florida to New Brunswick, Canada. Thank goodness they stayed here, in a fine hotel for the money, as my Dad lost/left his hearing aid in the hotel room. When we called there two days later, Patrick at the front desk said they had found it and would send it to us. They were very accommodating, and Patrick wrapped the hearing aid in bubble wrap as I asked, and sent it with a tracking. We sent the payment over the phone and I got the package within four days. My father was beyond relieved (I then sent it across the border, I didn't want to burden Patrick with customs forms). I am so happy to have been able to have done business with them. I say see for yourself. If you dislike it, don't go back. If you like it, then you're doing business with some good people!
Michele

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pittstown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Econo Lodge in Pine Grove, PA is by far the worst Econo Lodge I have ever stayed in. The first room they put me in had animal hair all over the carpet and the card reader on the door didn't work. The walls are very thin and I could hear conversations in the adjacent rooms and cover on the toilet tank was too small and didn't fit over the tank. The On/Off switch on the TV remote didn't work. The Continental breakfast consisted of two cereals, waffles, white bread for toast, packaged muffins and oatmeal. It was the worst breakfast I have ever had at an Econo Lodge.

I made my reservation online and got the room for $69.00. The couple right behind me didn't have reservations and were charged $89.00, and another couple later was charged $99.00. I think it was only because it was raining that the prices were increased. They probably thought guests didn't want to drive further and raising the room rates would be tolerated just to get out of the rain. Believe me, this place wasn't even worth $69.00.

I would recommend staying far, far away from this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Wingleader09
Floridaeach, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2010

as the title said good to be back cause we have been staying with this property since lond time and everytime we felt like good to be back i dont know why people think other way but thts their opinion as far as my opinion concern i would recommend this to everyone. this property has a friendly staff, good rooms and nice breakfast the money that we are paying thats the right amount of money that we are paying cause in return we are getting what we are paying for so hopefully this is chance everybody's vacation experience thanks

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank close2John
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Moldy shower curtain, hard bed, no internet access. Desk clerk not very welcoming, when I called the desk to inquire about internet access I was told " only in the lobby" then he hung up. No thank you at checkout, he apparently did not care if we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was not anywhere as good as other Advantage Hotels we have stayed at, 2 cold cereals, a few slices of white bread and we had to ask for batter for the waffle maker, it was carefully doled out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hrcnbob
coastal VAReader
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I'll say up front, I'm not real picky - a decently clean and comfortable room with internet access for the night and I'm happy.
Okay, peasant staff helps too - which this motel has.
It's nothing fancy (there was a sloppily repaired hole in the wall from the door knob, for instance), but it was clean and warm. I had to take a 'smoking' room close to the lobby in order to get internet, but the room didn't smell like smoke. The rate I paid was below the average quoted online.
The breakfast offerings were definitely below average, but again, a cup of coffee and I'm happy there too. It would be easy/cheap enough to make improvements in this area - not sure why they don't.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank coastalVAReader
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Right off the floor was lumpy and squishy under the rug.
Next we noticed the smoke detector was missing and wires exposed. The wallpaper was loose like there was a water leak. The bedding was old and had cigarette burns in the comforter. The bathroom was undescribable. If it not after a long drive and no other
motels nearby we would have left. Cannot imagine Econo Lodge
allow a place like that to use their name.

• Disliked — everything felt unclean and unsanitary.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!