“Very Nice Overnight Stay”

Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Winchester, Virginia
“Very Nice Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Just finishing up our overnight stay at the Hampton Inn on our way to Vermont. Overall the hotel is very nice. We booked the hotel mainly because of the reasonable price. Driving up to the hotel it looks out of place because it's so new and nice looking. I believe it was just built a few years ago and it still has that new feeling.

Upon entering the lobby it was very beautiful. The front desk attendant seemed to be on a personal phone call when we got there but finished up while I patiently waited. Front desk had cookies and fresh fruit for us upon arrival and told us about the hot free breakfast the next morning. Our room was very basic but nice. The bed was just average....I've had better ones in other Hampton Inn's. The room had a fridge and microwave and a very spacious bathroom. Don't plan on having much variety on the TV, only 24 channels. It seems that more and more hotels are going the route of having fewer channels but more options for pay per view movies which are almost always overpriced. The high speed wireless is unreliable at best. I've used it for a little over an hour this morning and it's went out twice on me.

Overall it was good for a one night stay. There is absolutely nothing to do in the immediate area so I wouldn't know why you would stay multiple days. There is a Dairy Queen and a Subway right across the street. A very nice McDonald's with a kids play area less than a mile away along with an Arby's.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Clean and comfortable hotel room and friendly staff. Convenient off I-81. The room was quiet and with fairly new mattresses. Safe area, but lacked any decent restuarants. Breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel if you are visiting Hershey Park, eventhough it is about 26 miles away. The price is reasonable compared to similar hotels 10 miles radius of Hershey. Unfortunately, we didn't get to use the indoor pool. Fitness center had few treadmills. We would go back and stay if are visiting Hershey PA again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

I booked this hotel (Hampton Inn, Pine Grove, PA) for a two night stay two weeks in advance. I completed my business a day early and asked via phone to get an early checkout. I was asked to call back three times, but the end result was that no one could help and there was no refund for the unused second night.

I travel about 200 nights a year all over the US, and on the rare occasion of having last minute changes, I have always been offered a refund for the unused portion of the stay.

Hampton Inn, Pine Grove is a franchise (not Hilton owned) and they chose to go strictly by the cancellation policy even though they were less than half full ... OK, a deal is a deal, but I won't be going back to that particular Hampton.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Stayed at the hotel over the weekend of Sept 26-28,2008. The hotel was very clean. The staff was helpful with recommending a restaurant for dinner. We ate at the Red Lion Cafe. Gas was a little expensive ($3.78) in the area compared to what I was used to but did not have to fill up. The room was comfortable. The pool was nice for taking my daughter to wear her down. Breakfast served (in the lobby) in the morning was a geat addition with lots of room for eating and watching the morning news on the TV. The hotel was in a safe area and very convenient to I-81. I would definitely stay there again if the need arises.

• Liked — Large Room, Complimentry breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel after seeing positive reviews and because of its closeness to Hershey, which was our destination. This hotel was better than I ever could have expected. We have stayed at many different hotels over the years, and there's usually something nasty about them, but this place was PERFECT! The staff greeted us quickly and nicely when we checked in. Our room was immaculate! Beds were comfortable! The bathroom was very clean and nice AND had a massaging shower head. Priced very reasonably too. The kids had fun in the pool. It was in a nice location too...far enough away from people, but close enough to our destination (Hershey). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Hershey area. We will definitely stay again if we ever are in the area!!

• Liked — How clean the place was and the friendliness of the staff.
  • Disliked — The high speed internet was rather slow.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

One of the nicer Hampton Inn’s we’ve stayed at. Fairly new with nice linens and granite counter tops in the bathroom. Only complaints were that the A/C didn’t work that well, there is no hot tub, but the pool is larger than your average Hampton Inn. In terms of location, it is less than 45 minutes from the Reading outlets and Knoebel’s but there is not much else around there.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

Hampton Inn was the BEST! Conveniently located off of I-81 in Pine Grove, Pa. The staff is extremely nice and very accomodating. The hotel is spotless and the beds are sooo comfortable! The breakfast buffet is also exceptional, we have nothing to complain about with this place. The pool area is also kept very clean. We stayed at this hotel for 5 days in a row and everything was consistant the entire time. The staff here is top shelf!!

• Liked — Very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Pine Grove
#2 of 4 in Pine Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Knights Inn Pine Grove
Knights Inn Pine Grove
#3 of 4 in Pine Grove
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Hampton Inn Pine Grove? Share your experiences!