“Great Chicken”

Buddy's Log Cabin Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Pine Grove
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The town of Pine Grove is definitely not on the beaten path but, should you find yourself in this part of Pennsylvania, Buddy's Log Cabin would make a good place for lunch or dinner. My wife and I had the chicken, which I believe was broasted. We requested white meat and the waitress asked if we'd prefer a wing and a breast or two breasts. Thinking this a "no brainer," we asked for the breasts. The chicken was some of the best we had, but on settling our bill, we found that there was a $2.00 upcharge for the second breast. Oh well, between us we had enough leftovers to take home for a second meal. The restaurant is kind of rustic, but not out of the question for its location.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. I grew up going here regularly & now it's a must stop when I'm back home for a visit. The food is very good & generous portions. You can get whatever ice cream you want for desert & it's the best around. If you just want to stop for ice cream they have a counter just for ice cream orders outside the main resteraunt.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I actually go there more for their ice cream than anything else. I prefer Buddy's over Dairy Queen any day! I have eaten in the restaurant and the food is decent, which is why I gave it an "average" rating. I suggest first-timers not skip dessert because that's the best part of this place. :)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in the Pine Grove area to do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Hotel staff mentioned this restaurant among several. The fact that it was in a log cabin peaked our curiosity. The tables are wooden, the salad bar (so-so) was in an old horse-drawn sleigh, Native American pictures and crafts were hung on the walls amidst a wide variety of taxidermy specimens. I took a photo of my husband standing next to a stuffed brown bear that our waitress said had been "road-kill" out in front!
The menu is huge and varied... and breakfast is served all day. I chose eggs and home-fries and was offered the option of having my home-fried grilled or deep-fried and with or without onions. It was just $3 for my meal! My husband ordered meatloaf (and got 3 generous pieces, tasty though a bit dry) and got salad bar and two sides with it. He paid something like $8. Great prices!
The service was friendly. And, for a special treat, Buddy's is also an ice-cream parlor, so in addition to cake and pie, you can order almost any ice cream confection (soft-serve or hand-dipped), also in generous proportions.
This was definately an unusual and worthwhile choice we'll remember for a while.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I really like buddy's because they have really good food. Its a big plus also because they serve breakfast all day. I love their breakfast. My favorite is their pancakes. If you really love pancakes I recommend you go to buddy's I believe they have the best and biggest pancakes around that I have been too. And their chicken, pork chops are delicious. And one of my dinner favorites are their chicken cheese steaks, they are huge. You will not walk away hungry that is for sure. The prices are not bad either. I recommend them absolutely 100%. They serve a lot of American food and comfort food. The restaurant is decorated like a log cabin which is a neat experience.