We stayed at Twin Grove because of its 5-W rating from Woodall's. We expected that this would live up to that rating. Here are our Pros:
1. Resturant had very good food, although we had to wait for 35 minutes even though there were tables avaiable
2. The pool was very nice
3. The camp store was big and well-stocked
4. WiFi was free and signal strong
Now the cons:
1. The sites were very close together with few trees. Gravel throughout the campground. Our site was not cleaned as the fire ring was filled with cigarettes and burnt wood.
2. The ferris wheel, merry-go-round, and other rides/inflatables cost money to go on like a carnival. Each ticket is 75 cents and each ride is 2 or 3 tickets. Minature Golf was expensive too.
3. The shower drains really smelled of a septic tank problem. The odor was pungent throught the shower/bathroom area. All the smell-masking products put up in the shower area didn't help.
4. Some seasonal campers made it look like a trailer park with the big piles of junk outside their campers. The guy next to us had a table saw outside and cut wood trim all weekend. Dogs barked for 6 hours when left alone in an RV on the other side.
5. On our arrival, we were given a poor photo copy of 1/2 the campground and limited info of the park. We actually went to their website to see where things were located. Signs around the camp were crudely done by hand instead of spending a little more for a professional job.
In the end, we felt the quality was sub-standard for a 5-W rating. The facilities such as the camp store, restaurant, etc. may warrant that, but the campsites themselves were basic at best. Recreation activities would be best for under 10 year olds if you pay the extra cost. We expected more from a 5-W and a KOA. When there are plenty of other quality camggrounds in southeastern PA, we won't be back here.