“Good Value”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Falmouth, Maine
“Good Value”
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to Luray, VA. in June 2007. We used the coupon in the travelsavers coupon book available at most rest stops. For $50, this motel is a solid value. The pool ( pleasingly warm), the free wireless internet and deluxe continental breakfast ( cereal, some fruit-apples & oranges- , waffles, pastries, english muffins, orange juice, coffee) all make this a very good accommodation for the price.
It is right off I-81about 30 miles north of Harrisburg and 100 miles north of the Pennsylvania southern border. The rooms are clean and have a small refrigerator and a small microwave. All in all a good accommodation to stay in while traveling through.

• Liked — Breakfast, wireless internet, warm pool, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Utah
Reviewed September 1, 2006

This Comfort Inn was our first stop on a 3000 mile road trip. We flew into Harrisburg then stayed at the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove. We had no problems with the reservation and the room was nice. We accidently left our cell phone there and they were more than willing to "jump through some hoops" to get it back to us while we were on our trip. Nice people!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geekanddork
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We were passing through this area on our way to Lancaster County and decided to stop. At first I had mixed feelings about staying at a Comfort Inn, as my experience has been rather hit or miss with this brand. Besides, the building exterior, though well maintained, appeared to not to be modern. But I figured I would check out the rate.

When I entered I was greeted promptly by the desk clerk. He was very informative and friendly on all my encounters with him. The hotel inside appeared fairly updated, with a nice breakfast area. The room was a bit small for my taste, but was comfortable none the less. Again, it seemed updated, but was decorated rather dull.

In the morning, we were greeted by the staff as we entered the breakfast area. It was a very complete continental breakfast with everything you could ask for, including 2 waffle makers.

I would recommend this hotel, especially because of the friendly and courteous service, and would stay at it again if I was passing through this area. My only complaint is that the rate of 80.99 with my AAA discount seemed excessive for a Sunday evening stay for what I would consider a 2 star hotel.

• Liked — Friendly Service
  • Disliked — High Price
  • Tips/Secrets — Try booking ahead for a better deal on the room.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank homesteadjourney
Home
Reviewed April 24, 2006

My son and I were travelling south on I-81 toward WV. This hotel is right off the exit. Mcdonalds sits right in front and you can walk for a quick bite to eat or they have a variety of ice cream, including some hard ice creams, I think Baskin and Robbins. The desk staff is very pleasant. We had a room with 2 Queens on the first floor, on the way down we had a room with a refrig and mirco. These were brand new units and worked well, not what you usually get. On the way back we stayed their one night again and didn't get the refrig and mirco, the desk clerk said soon they would be in all the rooms. So if you want these I would put in a request. Breakfast here is awesome with the waffles. The pool is outstanding, nice and warm and very well kept. Towels were stocked. Some people were using the fitness room, looked it good order as well. This was a very clean and well kept Comfort Inn, hats off the the staff and management. Thanks

• Stayed April 2006
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap

Been to Comfort Inn Pine Grove? Share your experiences!