“Very Good Choice”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stopped here for an early dinner and were very satisfied with the food and service. Service was excellent, from the waitress who explained the meals and specials, through the bus staff who kept the tables clean without interfering in any way. If I had any comment, I thought perhaps the wines were priced a little aggressively, but not too bad. That said the selection of wines was excellent, although a few more Italians could be introduced given the menu. Pastas were prepared al dente, just as ordered and presentations were attractive. All entrees and salads were very tasty. A very good experience.

1  Thank LFA

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our experience overall was pretty nice. Calamari was a little rubbery. We had sandwiches which were both great. I think this place tries to be a little too much old world Italy for most Americans. My problem was when we presented our coupon the waitress responded " I don't think so". It was probably an issue with math. When it was all said and done, our coupon was accepted, but I might not be back too soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had lunch at Valley Forge Pizza this past Saturday. We've gone there several times before. They are known locally for their outstanding pizza, which I have never tried. When we go there, I usually order something else off the menu.
The food I've had there has generally been good (except for the wedge salad - very bland and boring -compared to other restaurants where I have it regularly). On Saturday, I ordered a simple burger & fries.
Upon arriving, the server greeted us and took our order. She then delivered our beverages - - and that was it. We waited and waited - while other tables were being brought their food orders. We reached a point where we were getting ready to pay for our beverages and walk out. Finally, our lunch arrived - but not by our server - but by a gentleman, whom I assume might have been the diningroom manager. Meanwhile, our original server continued to service tables around us. We wondered.........did she have a problem with us? Two middle aged guys having lunch together? Finally, as we were finishing our food - she came around and asked if our food was okay - which I replied it was. We then paid our bill & departed.
I don't think we'll return there for a long time. The food this time was "ok" (but pricey)....and that's fine - but the service was deplorable. They have a good reputation in the Phoenixville area, which is what was so suprising about this experience.

3  Thank JKinPA
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've had pizza here several times in the past and it's definitely not the best in Philly (as per their claim) but it's not bad. So we thought we'd try it since the remodel and new bar. We left totally disgusted and angry. The meal comes with a salad and I told the waitress I only wanted it if it did not have any iceberg lettuce in it. She said no problem and it arrived with mostly iceberg. She graciously took it back and offered a salad with romaine. By this time, we had already asked for water twice and hadn't received it. So we asked a 3rd time and it finally arrived. I ordered Veal Piccata. It's always a risk to order veal but it wasn't bad - but more like a Veal Marsala since it was loaded with mushrooms. My friend ordered mussels, which she said were very overcooked and not very good. What really angered us was the drinks. We each ordered vodka over ice. It came in a typical short cocktail-type glass that was packed (literally over the top) with ice - and barely any vodka. They were poured by the owner so I'm sure it wasn't a mistake. I was thinking it was probably a $5 or $6 drink, based on what we can get elsewhere in town. But they were $10 each. We live nearby but we won't be back.

4  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Go somewhere else for dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs had no hardly no sauce. Like eating plain pasta. Yet paid 18.00??!! should have opened a box of pasta at home- that's how plain it was. Ziti Tasted
Iike reheated church bazaar food. Nothing special at all. Ordered take put and they forgot the garlic knots that they advertise accompanies the meal which we did ot realize till we drove home. Very disappointed with our experience.

1  Thank cancunvisitor