“Really Good and Not Expensive”
Review of Valley Forge Pizza

Valley Forge Pizza
Ranked #26 of 106 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Really Good and Not Expensive”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Casual outdoor dining with lots of Italian specialties, including pizza, veal, fish, pasta, and salads. Everyone gets garlic knots as an appetizer - you cannot go away anything but stuffed. Great desserts just in case.

Visited July 2013

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“RIP OFF”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Previously I had like VF Pizza and had been a customer for years, however recently they raised their prices and still can't agree on what the new prices are. I got sticker shock when I went to pick up pizzas on 5/31/13 for friends coming over and found that they rang me up for 10-20% higher prices than advertised. When I politely pointed this out to the manager, he was defensive, combative, and did not budge on his maximum pricing even when confronted with his own printed menu there in the store with lower prices:

Printed Menu: Plain Large Pizza $11.99, One Topping Large Pizza $11.99
Online Menu: Plain Large Pizza $10.99, One Topping Large Pizza $12.99
Online Ordering: Plain Large Pizza $10.99, One Topping Large Pizza $13.24
Actual Price Charged: Plain Large Pizza $11.99, One Topping Large Pizza $14.24

• Visited May 2013
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Good pizza and entree specials”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We've been going to VFP for 5 years. The special entrees are always good and have been getting more upscale lately. Last week I had their lamb chops that were outstanding. My husband had a seafood pasta dish with a light red sauce which was also excellent. Salads,however, are mediocre as is the garlic bread that comes with the meals. Service is usually good although sometimes hurried. Ambience in the enclosed patio is quite nice and is much more spacious than most BYOs. The pizza is very good but if you want mushrooms you must insist on fresh portabellos, otherwise they will use canned mushrooms.

Overall, it is a place to go for good reliable Italian food with a nice atmosphere. Music has just been added on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Visited April 2013
Abingdon, Maryland
“Love VFP”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been going to VFP since 1996 and the pizza and food never disappoint. The place has gotten way more upscale in the past few years, but I ate there yesterday and the pizza and sandwiches are still just as good as ever. I had a small cheese pizza and my SO had a gyro plus mozzarella sticks and we both ate every bite. The cheese steaks and hoagies are also good here. I've never had one of the dinners, so I can't comment on those, but this is one of my favorite pizza places. The crust is thicker and the sauce is so tasty with just the right amount of cheese on it. Ask for pizza sauce on the side so you can dip the crust in like a breadstick.. awesome!

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia
“What do people see in this place?”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have not been here in a while so we tried again. The waiter was very nice and welcoming. He took our order and that is when things started to go wrong.

While waiting for dinner, my wife never received her salad. They wanted to give it to her after she started eating her meal, but we said no. When the brought out our meals, they forgot the pizza my son ordered. We asked them for it so they brought it out COLD. So now he is again waiting for food. On top of all this, they never came back to refill the drinks, we had to call them back over. The waiter then reappeared once we finally got everything straight, not until then.

I would have appreciated a visit by the manager, but that never happened. The food is good, not special, but not good enough to bring me back as a regular.

• Visited March 2013