“Love VFP”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been going to VFP since 1996 and the pizza and food never disappoint. The place has gotten way more upscale in the past few years, but I ate there yesterday and the pizza and sandwiches are still just as good as ever. I had a small cheese pizza and my SO had a gyro plus mozzarella sticks and we both ate every bite. The cheese steaks and hoagies are also good here. I've never had one of the dinners, so I can't comment on those, but this is one of my favorite pizza places. The crust is thicker and the sauce is so tasty with just the right amount of cheese on it. Ask for pizza sauce on the side so you can dip the crust in like a breadstick.. awesome!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have not been here in a while so we tried again. The waiter was very nice and welcoming. He took our order and that is when things started to go wrong.

While waiting for dinner, my wife never received her salad. They wanted to give it to her after she started eating her meal, but we said no. When the brought out our meals, they forgot the pizza my son ordered. We asked them for it so they brought it out COLD. So now he is again waiting for food. On top of all this, they never came back to refill the drinks, we had to call them back over. The waiter then reappeared once we finally got everything straight, not until then.

I would have appreciated a visit by the manager, but that never happened. The food is good, not special, but not good enough to bring me back as a regular.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My two visits in the previous two months resulted in the same conclusion:Entrees are well prepared from scratch. Lightly sautéed seasonal vegetables were excellent. Eggplant Parmesan was made with fresh eggplant lightly battered and the sauce was homemade. Other diners at my table were also pleased with their entrees. Side salad was underwhelming.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

VF pizza has continued to evolve and move up market, now offering steaks. We still ordered a pizza, which is consistently good, but others in our party got pasta dishes that looked more refined then in the past. The clam sauce now has actual clams included in the bowl. Prices have gone up a well, but still a good value considering the price includes a salad and garlic knots. The garlic knots are also an improvement over the lame school cafeteria garlic bread of the pasta. Glad we went back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I went there twice in the last month. The first time was a great experience. We went on a Monday night and really enjoyed ourselves. The young gentlemen who sat us was very nice and was very friendly to our kids. He was smiling and walking around with a smile on his face. He made our first experience very good. Our server was Lauren and she was so sweet. She made sure we enjoyed our first meal and we left with a positive experience thanks to her and the manager.

Our second experience was not so good. We went back on a Wednesday night a few weeks later and had the worst experience ever. The same manager was not there but an older gentlemen with an accent who was not so pleasant sat us. He had a mad look on his face everytime we saw him. Found out later he was the owner. We had a different waitress this time and she was awful. She came up and asked if we wanted to hear the specials and said no were here for sandwiches and its like we were the most hated people to come in there. We ordered our food and waited almost 20 minutes for 2 sandwiches and 2 kids meals. Would be okay if they were busy but there was only like 10 tables in there. So we had another waitress help bring out her food and that other waitress asked if we needed anything else not our original waitress. She didn't even come back to ask how our food was. She said can I refill your drink and the bus girl brought it back to us. My son wanted a refill so I went to look for to get it for him and she is fighting with the owner in a different language and made me feel uncomfortable in there. Lauren was there and she got me my refill. She brought us our bill with an awful look on her face. We went up to the register to pay the bill and the owner was yelling at the girl at the front desk for some reason which was totally out of line to yell at someone like that in front of guests but she rang us out and she looked visible pissed off. We kept the check to see what our waitresses name was and her name was Assia. We definitely left with a bad taste in our mouth. Unfortunately we won't be coming back after that night unless we find out that Assia would never be our waitress again.

Hopefully if you go you will get that same experience we got on our first night with Lauren and that young manager instead of that crappy second experience with Assia and the owner