“Aiuthentic French fare”

Sips Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sips Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Ottsville, PA
“Aiuthentic French fare”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I 've looked for Bouillabaisse like I had in St Martin for 30 years. I found it here. FABULOUS!
I also wanted to try Coq au Vin & could not find a place in Montgomery or Bucks counties, PA. I found it here. It was very good although I can only compare it to the one I made at home since I could not find it within driving distance.
My wife also had the goat cheese salad...very good.
I had the crab cake as an appetizer. That was the only miss of the night. Lots of crab, but the seasonings & sauce was not up par with the rest of the meal.
Service was good and servers were pleasant.
The seating in the dining room could have been awkward since the seating was against window walls with the window seats being too high to eat comfortably. We changed seating to sit at chairs at a table so it was OK.
We will definitely go back. I MUST try their Boeuf Bourguignon. If it is as authentic as the Boulliabaise & Coq, I will be in heaven.
Wine list was surprisingly inexpensive for French wines although we went on a Sunday where they had complimentary BYO.
While I prefer BYO since you can have a great wine at 1/2 the cost of restaurant priced wines, I must try their wines.
Overall, if you like authentic French fare & live within driving distance ( it was a 75 minute drive for us) you must try it.
Viva Sips!

PA
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Delicious food. attentive service. We went with another couple and all of our meals were very good. Two had the steak frites, the steaks were done perfectly without too much seasoning and very generous portions. The bouillbaisse and salmon entrees were also prepared well. The country pate special was good but I felt overpriced. Lots to choose from on the menu, making it difficult to narrow down the choices.

West Chester
“Another Good Find from Tripadvisor”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Found this on Tripadvisor on my way into town. Plenty of parking, nice ambiance, good menu. Food was very good, and the prices were very reasonable.

Only 2 small gripes. Server never refilled my soft drink; even Dennys will do that. They served great bread, but no bread plate. The table next to ours asked for a bread plate and they brought only one.

lancaster, pa
“Cute restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

At the end of beautiful Phoenixville restaurant row sits this. Cute French restaurant. It is much larger than it appears from the road. Food and service was good. Overall very clean and bar area with beautiful wooden cabinetry sets the atmosphere in motion very nice restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“New favorite in Phoenixville”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I can't believe this lovely place has been open 18 months and I never tried it! The bar, service, and wine and cocktail selections were superb. We were fortunate to be able to enjoy their Restaurant Week menu and each course, along with the wine pairing was a delight. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013