“Why did we pick this place?”
Review of Fitzwater Station

Fitzwater Station
Ranked #39 of 110 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My Godson' 30th birthday.....we met him, his mom & her boyfriend for drinks & dinner there last Friday. Also a friend of my Godson's joined us - so it was a table for six.....on their outdoor deck. Business was slow when we arrived (now I know why).
Service was SO unbelieveably slow, yet there were few patrons and the servers were seen inside just chatting, while we waited. We ordered snacks to start off with. Not terrible, but food tasted like it was "reheated"....and not very fresh at all. I elected to go in & get my own drinks rather than wait for the server.
Dinner? Tolerable at best. Chicken Piccata, dry and tasteless, over rice. Did I mention that the salad was served WITH the entree and not beforehand as it should be??
After dinner. That's when I got angry. There were three tables on the open air deck. No one was eating - no food being served, dinnertime was over. All three tables consulted together and all three tables had smokers - and we all wanted to smoke with our drinks........did I say OUTSIDE in the OPEN AIR? Everyone agreed that it was fine. There were NO OTHER PATRONS out there. Yet, the "Fitzwater Smoking Police" found it necessary to ask us to exit the deck if we wished to smoke. Ridiculous!!!! We were hurting NO ONE. I might vaguely understood this if the place had a smidgen of class or was even remotely nice, but this place is a DIVE. It was at that point that we said - OK time to leave!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I want to like this place. New owner/partners own other places of the same low quality type food and service.
Went to meet friends, one beer (I think they brewed it while I waited). If you want slow this is the place to go!

1  Thank BobR2030
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Waited for a waitress or bartender who looked right at us for 20 mins to get a drink. As we were getting up to leave NIKI the second shift bartender came right through the door and seen we were displeased. She right then and there dropped her belongings and gave us much needed attention. From there on it was great. Great food , big meals. Niki was so great we wanted her to join us for drinks . She pretty much ran the place from the waitress checks and drinks to the customers sitting at the bar. All the staff kind of standing around waiting for our nikis attention for drinks or some type of cash register activity. Please hire more staff like NIKI. Wish we asked her schedule. Made us feel welcome. Will go back , but only to have Niki serve us.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

After numerous very slow meals here I had decided to never go back but then I heard it was under new ownership so decided to give it a last chance. The location is great right by the canal and a group of us had paddled the Schuylkill and canal loop.
We had a reservation and arrived right on time at 8.00 but it took 30 minutes to get a beer and then another 15 before the waitress took the order, We were finished eating at 9.30 but it took another 30 minutes to get the bill!!

The waitress was also clearly not enjoying doing her job!

1  Thank lizianp
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Food is okay, service is okay, beer is cold and the atmosphere is terrific! I actually like an olde school neighborhood bar, sometimes referred to as a dive. We actually took the canoe down the canal for lunch, but also it's a great bike destination, pedal and powered. Very nice outdoor deck along the canal. Nice quiet neighborhood. And for me, I like a dive bar as opposed to the expensive yuppie bars where no one talks to you. I'm glad thus place is still here.