“Don't do it!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Over priced food and way over priced drinks. Slow service and mediocre server. He spilled my sangria all over the table and never came back with to wipe it up. I had to do it with my napkin.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Michoacana

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Although the food here is a bit pricey, I think that it is worth it. I used to live in Phoenixville and was very excited when Hacienda Michoacana opened because the other Mexican options weren't all that great. This last trip I got steak enchiladas with the salsa verde on them. The meat was tender and well seasoned and the green sauce was as delicious as always. My husband got the chicken tortilla soup which is his favorite. We did not opt for Margaritas this time though. They are very tasty, but for $12, I only get them for special occasions. Overall, it was a great meal, as usual.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

$12 dollar drinks and a $20 + + dollar Mexican meal you would have thought you were in Manhattan not Phoenixville Pa. The food was OK but no better than we get at Baja Fresh for a fraction of the price. The only good thing was prompt and polite service.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

First the good - the mojitos are delicious. Ok, they aren't Mexican but they're my favorite and they were worth the money here.
Our food was great. I usually end up putting hot sauce on everything I buy because it seems too bland to me. I didn't have that problem here. And the portions were large. I had enough left over for my husband and me to have for lunch the next day. My husband did eat all his though...and felt sick the rest of the night from eating too much.
We had the tres leches cake which was just ok.
The bad - the waitress was nice but SO slow. For not having many tables, it took a long time. The food came out quickly - we weren't even down with our drinks or chips but once we started eating, she was no where to be seen. We had to ask for a box for our leftovers...and that took 10 minutes. And I had to ask for a dessert menu. And then we waited at least 20 minutes for our check. My husband even left his credit card on the table as a huge hint...nothing doing.
So if you love a leisurely dinner and time to catch up with friends, this might be perfect. We were a little frustrated with the wait.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a Friday night with a friend. There weren't many people there. Our waitress was very pleasant. She took our order quickly and brought us chips with three different salsas that were all very good. The menu had the variety of enchiladas and other entrees you would expect to find. My pineapple margarita was delicious but cost nearly as much as my entree.