“Delicious food...poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Michoacana - CLOSED

Hacienda Michoacana
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Southwestern, South American, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
philadelphia area
“Delicious food...poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

First the good - the mojitos are delicious. Ok, they aren't Mexican but they're my favorite and they were worth the money here.
Our food was great. I usually end up putting hot sauce on everything I buy because it seems too bland to me. I didn't have that problem here. And the portions were large. I had enough left over for my husband and me to have for lunch the next day. My husband did eat all his though...and felt sick the rest of the night from eating too much.
We had the tres leches cake which was just ok.
The bad - the waitress was nice but SO slow. For not having many tables, it took a long time. The food came out quickly - we weren't even down with our drinks or chips but once we started eating, she was no where to be seen. We had to ask for a box for our leftovers...and that took 10 minutes. And I had to ask for a dessert menu. And then we waited at least 20 minutes for our check. My husband even left his credit card on the table as a huge hint...nothing doing.
So if you love a leisurely dinner and time to catch up with friends, this might be perfect. We were a little frustrated with the wait.

• Visited October 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, pricey drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a Friday night with a friend. There weren't many people there. Our waitress was very pleasant. She took our order quickly and brought us chips with three different salsas that were all very good. The menu had the variety of enchiladas and other entrees you would expect to find. My pineapple margarita was delicious but cost nearly as much as my entree.

• Visited October 2013
“True taste of Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent food and service, beware large servings. The Carne Ranchera was excellent! My wife had the Pechuga de Pollo a la Plancha and stated it also was excellent. The bar service was very good. Come hungry!

• Visited September 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Que Bueno!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love the inside of this restaurant. It is just vibrant and lovely. The servers are fun, pleasant and very knowledgable about their menu as well as encouraging to try something new! The food is absolutely amazing. Taco Bell this is not, so if you are expecting the typical taco/burrito fare that so many seem to expect from Latin American restaurants, then open your mind a bit. Yes, there are tacos and burritos on the menu, but do not limit yourself to those. Try things that are not as familiar, because that is where you will be WOWed! Also, leave room for dessert, in this restaurant it is not to be missed. Again, this is a more formal restaurant, so expect that in your dining experience. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“If you are in a hurry,go somewhere else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were a party of 12, celebrating a b-day this weekend. Not everyone arrived at the same time. We had reservations for 7:15. At least half of us were there at that time and were all seated at our table. It took at least another half hour or more for someone to take our drink orders and the place was not even busy,yet. The chips and salsa did not show up for the first hour and we probably did not get our entrees until 8:30 or later. Granted we were drinking, but the service was extremely slow. No one came around to see if you needed more water or another drink. No one came to clear the pre dinner debris before serving the entrees. It took the waiter about 15 min. to serve the whole table, he brought 2 plates at a time. 11 people were served, I had to wait another 10 min. for my entree with no explanation. The flour tortillas were put on the table almost as an afterthought. I will say the food was good and the portions were large,I just don't know if the poor service is worth a trip back!

• Visited August 2013