“Excellent place for Mexican food”
Review of Hacienda Michoacana - CLOSED

Hacienda Michoacana
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Southwestern, South American, Central American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place for Mexican food”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have been here twice so far, and enjoy the food very much. The first time we ate here was only because we couldn't get into our favorite restaurant in Phoenixville, so we took a chance. This place didn't disappoint.

I ordered the Fresh Fried Red Snapper. My husband got fajitas and margaritas. The food was delicious, the price was pretty high though in our opinion. We were seated at high tables in the bar area, which are too closely seated to one another. This made it awkward once the place got full and people were seated practically on top of us. Perhaps the dining rooms have better seating arrangements. Also the music was pumping so fast that we ate way too fast! I have been in mexican restaurants before with nice salsa music, but this must have been the super fast version. Overall the margaritas were delicious, the food is delicious, the atmosphere is fun, but crowded, and the prices are a bit steep

Visited June 2012
1 Thank givemeahug

maine
“The Food was Delicious!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was visiting relatives in Phoenixville who know I love Mexican food and a good margarita. They thought Hacienda Michoacana would be the perfect place to dine and they were right!

I can't recall what they had to eat but both said their food was good and had no complaints. I had the Enchiladas Mexicanas which were visually bright and pleasing both on the plate and the palate.

A previous poster mentioned the choice of salsas with the chips as starters. I would have preferred the hot version to have more fire but I have no complaints.

My margarita was delicious and over-priced. The food was appropriately priced but the since the margaritas were so expensive I had to adjust my overall "value" rating.

• Visited April 2012
“Way to bland”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Started off good fresh chips and 3 different salsas were really good, my wife had the fajitas witch looked to chopped up and were very bland, I had the sampler entree I was hoping to get an authentic sampling of different types of things that the restaurant did well but it all was very bland and all tasted the same. We went there wanting very authentic cuisine but came out feeling like they dumbed it down to much.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tasty fresh food, friendly service”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We went here for lunch yesterday we another couple. The staff was really nice, and very attentive. We ordered guacamole for the table which was served with freshly fried tortilla chips; quite tasty. I had an order of tacos which were good, a bit too much cilantro for me to love them, but enjoyable none the less. Couldn't comment on the drinks, though my husband mentioned the pineapple margarita wasn't good.

I would go again if I was in the area.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank parker617
Phoenixville, PA
“Disappointing dining experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I decided to give this new restaurant a try on December 2, 2011 after being opened only a couple of weeks. The Margaritas were $12, just 'O.K.' and rather small for that price . Entrees are overpriced. I had the Chicken Fajitas which were very disappointing. "Wormy" pieces of chicken, green and red peppers were way undercooked, no condiments (i.e. cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce), tasteless Spanish Rice, refried beans were O.K. (although the waiter told us it came with black beans). My husband had the Enchilades Suiza. Quality of chicken not good - looked like canned chicken. Both our meals came out room temperature. The place was very loud and service was slow. I am hoping the place improves but from reading reviews on other blogs today, it looks like it may be doomed!

• Visited December 2011