“Good food”
Review of The Wooden Spoon Cafe - CLOSED

The Wooden Spoon Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Private Chef Julie Zlogar owner of The Wooden Spoon Cafe and Bakery, 24 Main Street, Phoenixville, PA is offering fine food, baked goods and quality catering. Her rustic style baked goods and prepared foods fill the counters.The seasonally changing menu is inspired by local organic and quality ingredients.Eat in or take out.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The food here is high quality and very tasty. Good sandwiches, salads, and desserts. I only wish the service was faster .

1  Thank Carolyn L

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Again we returned to give The Wooden Spoon another chance---and are glad we did.
When we went in I told the man behind the counter about our previous experience and he was very understanding and apologetic about our last visit. We had coffee and pastry and both were excellent. Still expensive, but excellent and we were offered another cup (which we didn't take) to make up for the last visit. We're definitely glad we returned. If you decide to go, get a "hooty hoo"!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Several months ago, my husband and I ate at The Wooden Spoon Cafe and I wrote a very positive review. This morning, however, we ate there again and were very disappointed. I doubt we'll bother to return. I'm wondering if others feel this way, too, as there was only 1 other person in the cafe at 9:30 a.m., and usually that's a busy time on a Saturday morning. Today we ordered 2 pastries, 2 coffees, and a bag of day-old scones (2) for $2. The bill was almost $15. When we questioned this we learned the coffee was $2.65/cup and there were no refills offered. When we did get the coffee, which was made individually and took about 20 minutes to prepare, it was luke-warm. My husband took it to the counter and asked if they could microwave it. Unfortunately, there was no microwave and the girls seemed confused. They did offer to make another cup, but we didn't feel like waiting for so long and decided to drink it cool This was disappointing as the coffee we had there last time was so good---although no refills were offered then either. Between the wait, the price, and the cool coffee, I don't think we'll return. It's unfortunate as I love these small, independent cafes and I think with some adjustments this one could be much better.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Lunch yesterday was at The Wooden Spoon Cafe, a tiny restaurant in Phoenixville. I choose the grilled vegetable sandwich on multi-grain bread. This came with a few raspberries and carrot and celery sticks on the side and was excellent. My husband had a turkey sandwich on a baguette--also excellent. The coffee was French press--expensive at $2.50 /cup, and no refills were offered. However, the cup was decent sized and the coffee couldn't have been better. After lunch we shared a flakey and light scone. There were a couple things that would have made the experience better. First, be prepared to take your food with you as seating is extremely limited--- probably no more than 10 people could fit in the seating area. We were fortunate to get a table for 2---the only one. One criticism is that there were too many people (some very young) behind the counter and this detracted from efficiency and service was slow. It appears that this is a family run venture, and while it's good to have the children involved, perhaps they shouldn't be behind the counter. We do plan to return as there were many delicious pastries we're looking forward to sampling.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We went to The Wooden Spoon for breakfast. The quiche was mushroom and leek with a light and flaky crust. It was so good. My Dad was very impressed. It was served with mixed fruit. The coffee was a choice of pour through or French press. We choose Farm Girl Coffee, it was so smooth that we did not need cream or sugar.
And we could not leave without a box of baked items. Peanut butter shark bars, raspberry bars, home made oreo, and awesome brownies.
They were putting the lunch menu up when we were leaving. The list included curry chicken salad, tomato avocado bacon wrap which both caught my eye.
Look for the red bench on main street.

4  Thank first