“This restaurant is no longer there.”
Review of Daddy Mims Creole - CLOSED

Daddy Mims Creole
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant is no longer there. This restaurant closed or left Phoenixville months ago.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Daddy Mims closed in Phoenixville and will not give us a refund on our gift cards. Their recommendation is to go to the Narberth restaurant. If I wanted to eat in Narberth, I would have bought a gift certificate for a restaurant in Narberth. I do not understand why they will not give me a refund, they readily took my money when I bought the certificates, why not give it back since the service has not been delivered?

2  Thank Paul O
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Their website is still up, but the place is closed. The email address does not work, and the phone contact redirects to a different number.

In no place does it alert potential clients that the restaurant is closed.

I did search the Philadelphia-area obituaries for the chef-owner's name, but nothing comes up. So I'm not sure why it would be so difficult to take down the website or put a message on one's voicemail indicating that the restaurant is closed. The wonders of technology should be able to take care of this with minimal effort.

3  Thank CarlottaW
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The place went under! We called about reservations in mid April on a Wednesday. Showed up for dinner two days later to find the sign down and an ad for a new Italian restaurant that was "opening soon". Met four other people in the same boat. The Columbia Hotel next door was also locked. My wife spoke with a local business owner and found out that the chef was not paying his bills. Apparently, it was a surprise to all that Daddy Mims left so fast. Hard to believe as this place was always packed.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I used to live in Phoenixville and found John Mims little spot. It became a second home for us. The flavors that John puts together are amazing and will definately have you addicted to his menu. They typically have tastign menus too which we are always a huge fan of. I highly recommend trying the gorgonzola and crab appetizer and his Lobster tasting menu too- to die for! I have never once had a meal here that I didnt absolutely LOVE. I can't sing this place's praises enough and we love thats it a BYO too. We have gotten both friends and family addicted and we woudl highly recommend. We still travel out to see Daddy Mims!