“Good food, transition to columbia is not yet smooth.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Daddy Mims Creole - CLOSED

Daddy Mims Creole
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Good food, transition to columbia is not yet smooth.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was excellent, which made up for some of the timing issues (soups came out ten minutes before the salad, two drinks came five minutes before the rest of them). Sazerac was shaken (heresy in my book) and poured at table (some of it on the table and wasn't cleaned up and it wasn't particularly great, which is a shame because I've been looking for a good one in town) The runner spilled some of my shimp and grits on the table (almost on one of the guests, never noted it or clean it up), waitress was pleasent but could have been more attentive (we would have ordered another cocktail), and the check was hand-written on what looked like the back of an old menu (sloppy).

However, as I said, the food was excellent. Shrimp and grits, salad, gumbo and other apps were well worth it. The owner was seating people, so he seems involved. I just hope he can work with his staff to focus on the details. The building was an awesome place as the Columbia, and Daddy Mim's has the potential to add value to the building and Phoenixville, but they need to pay attention to details if they're going to bring people in (that and put a sign out front).

1 Thank dweaver926

caz7709
“Well worth the visit and BYOB....will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Located on the top floor of the Columbia Hotel, visited with a group of friends 2/23/2013. Not clearly marked but well worth the visit. Was there Saturday night for a Birthday celebration. they offer at least 2 four course meal options. The selection I had was the New Orleans Chef Tasting experince for $35 per person - cauliflower soup was delicious, salad was nice light, pork was tasty and not dry at all, followed by King Cake for dessert.

I love the concept, and atmosphere...also BYOB so another way to save money.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Kick out for being served cold food!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my girlfriend walk in on a Saturday night for dinner, we were told half an hour or so to get a table...no problem to the bar for a drink or two. Met a nice couple next to us, ordered the vodka martini with olives and chili peppers sitting in big pitcher at the bar(very good)!! More then a half hour pass by so i go to check what the hold up was. Hostess was very confused.....I saw people that came in after me got seated no big deal. As i stood there she seated another couple in front of me...Ok she must of forgot about us. I asked her how long and she said your next your table is right over there. I told her i had to pay my tab at the bar I'd be right back.....well it took the bartender five minutes to close out. We went back over to hostess and she had sat someone at the the table she said was mine. No problem was seated at table right next to it

Ok now on to the dinner nightmare!!!! Waitress came over and told us about the specials. There was a sushi appetizer that sounded good so we ordered it. She then came back over and took our dinner order and uncorked our wine for us. I had ordered the Blackened pork tenderloin and my girlfriend ordered the Seafood court bouillon. So the meal arrives, we both dive in. I take my first bit and it is cold and i mean cold not warm, luke warm, cold......uugghh. I look over at the dish my girlfriend ordered and you can see the steam coming off. So i push my plate across the table away from me and waited for the waitress to check on us. She didn't come over i watch as she checked and waited on her other tables but walked right by us. Finally after 15 to 20 minutes later she comes over and asked " would I like a to go box". I said to her are you kidding.....My meal came out ice cold. I said i been waiting for you to come over and check on us and you never did....she said "oh i though i did".....i said i watched you check on you other tables....Now here's the kicker She said " i can microwave it for you" .....I told her that's ridiculous I'm not paying $23 dollars for a microwave meal....I said you can just take it of the check....Really i shouldn't pay for either meal I told her. As we are waiting for the check I see chef/owner John Mims come and approach our table. Now I'm thinking he's gonna offer an apology for the meal, But what happened next was a big surprise. He walked up to the table and told us to get out!!!!! My jaw dropped to the floor, Because i told the waitress my food was cold. He is now standing over the the table with his arms and chest puffed out like a tough guy. I said you are really gonna kick me out because you served me cold food. John says that i was creating a scene. I was the one talking normal he was the one yelling to leave. Now by this time other tables were looking because of him. I said let me pay my bill.....he said i don't want your business get out. I had a glass of wine left and i said let me finish this which i paid for.....he grab the wine bottle and said If you don't leave I'll call the cops. Me and my girlfriend were both calm the whole time not raising our voice, what was his deal. We both got up and started walking towards the door he set the wine bottle down near the door. Again I'm like your kicking us out because you served us cold food. Now this time i said it loud enough for other people waiting could here how over the top he was being. He once again threatened to call the cops. I laughed at him good business ethics you serve cold food and kick them out when they complain. I turned and walked out the door.
I wish you could give no stars or negative stars. The one star was only deserving because my girlfriends meal was good.This guy came out and yelled at me and was confrontational. I try to support the local business and not so much the chains. I can say this will be one place I will never support or endorse. I will make sure i tell a lot of my friends who frequent the area and place what and awful experience I had.
Stay away .....or don't complaining about the food you might get beat up or arrested!!!!!!!! I'm not making this up wish i was but it really happened never have i been treated this way!!!!!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Puffy S
“'Nawlins' in Pennsylvania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food brought me back to the French Quarter - Hotel Columbia surroundings are a plus for this restaurant tht was originally next door to the Hotel. BYOB status in dining room was even more of a treat

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Creole food at decent prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had the andouille sausage with carmelized. onion and mustard for an appetizer, which was excellent. Crisp snap on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside. The Jambalya we had for dinner had a sweet taste to it, but it was very good. Dessert was bananas foster. Very yummy! Everything on the menu looked so good. It was hard to choose. As a real foodie, I definitely recommend adding this casual dining spot to your list to try.