“Business Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
Aiken, SC, United States
“Business Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel caters to the business community. Excellent business center and both breakfast and a light supper are served. The staff is pleasant and the hotel is clean. Not all the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, but one a fridge was brought to our room upon request. Sometimes sports teams can be disruptive, but that seems to be a weekend problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Richmond Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was very pleased to have stayed at this hotel and would do so again. The service was excellent and the breakfast was wonderful. My hotel clerk went out of her way to assist me in arranging for me to take food from a neighboring restaurant by taxi to my daughter's home. My only suggestion would be that the air conditioning unit might be explained so that I could perhaps understand how to deal with some noise when it went on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Umatilla, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hampton always comes through when it comes to nice accomodations. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. The room was nice, the breakfast was very good, staff friendly and location excellent for where I needed to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Redlands, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights just before and during the beginning of the "light lobby refresh". There was no problem with the room, check-in, or the personnel. However, the definition of "light lobby refresh" is like saying the Titanic had a slight leak. The first day they blocked off a lobby exit door and began tearing up the ceramic tile with a pneumatic chisel. On the same day one of the two elevators couldn't be used because of the blocked off areas of tile demolition. The next day the other elevator was blocked off from use and again, the pneumatic drill. The third morning the path to the moved breakfast room (the former meeting room) was blocked off necessitating a walk around the outside of the hotel and entering a side door. Once the demolition began the oatmeal and orange and apple juices were unavailable. When I made a comment about no juice to the desk manager she gave us two bottles from the hotel store. The way the demolition of the lobby tile was done made it a requirement to push the luggage cart over two uneven levels of tile. On the first day as the demolition crew finished and was vacuuming, they managed to set off the fire alarm. I did inquire and got some of the details....moving of the business center and breakfast room, new tile, new carpet and other things. This is hardly a "light lobby refresh." I think the first clue this is a major renovation is that it is going on for over a month. And, to top it off, I actually had to pay more for the three days this started than I did for the first night. The hotel does have a manager's reception, but each night the posted items for dinner were not completely served. The first night it was to be Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti and Salad. No Chicken Parmesan. The second night it was to be two barbecue items and salad. Only one barbecue item was served. The ice machine on the fourth floor didn't work. The one good point is there is a Bob Evans Restaurant within a 90 second walk from the hotel. And, it is conveniently located near Valley Forge National Park. All in all without the "light lobby refresh" this would be a nice place to stay. But not right now.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been using Hilton Properties for years, because I am never disappointed when I do, with the staff and facilities. I am writing this review, because the staff at this location was exceptional!! Kay Hermsen, the Front Office Manager, went out of her way to make sure we all (there was 10 of us!) had what we needed, no matter what time of day it was. We all stayed there for 6 nights. The hotel was full, but we would never know it by the wonderful hospitality they showed us! Shanna at the front desk was so nice to deal with, when checking in. She made me feel like I was the only person she was checking in and wanted to be sure I had everything I needed. Ella the breakfast lady, made us a pot of coffee before it was time, when she saw we needed to leave the hotel before breakfast time. Nellie made sure our room rates didn't change, when we had to change our stay, by one night. Last but not least, Venessa the woman who cleaned our room, could not be nicer and I have to say our room was cleaned everyday, like I cleaned it myself!! I highly recommend staying here and the Hilton Company has to be so proud of these people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Clean, convenient, awesome staff. The breakfast and fresh cookies were perfect. The only rough part was a LOUD AC system that made sleeping hard. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Homewood Suites Valley Forge
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at King of Prussia
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
4.5 of 5 stars 813 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Mainstay Inn
Mainstay Inn
#4 of 5 in Phoenixville
3.0 of 5 stars 35 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!