“Hampton Inn - Oaks”

Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Phoenixville
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for a dance competition at the convention center. Everything was clean and the staff was particularly helpful. We checked in late and were starving and they pointed us to the snack pantry. We were able to use the kitchen area in the lobby and someone even made sure we could find all of the utensils, etc. that we needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 14, 2013

While this hotel is a ways out from most attractions, it is modern and well-appointed. Excellent breakfast, helpful staff, pleasant and spacious room. The room was deep-clean. So many hotel rooms have that musty smell, no matter how clean. This place passes every clean test.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very comfortable room without the noise that one often finds in hotels. Comfortable beds that were clean and fresh. No hassles in check-in or out. Breakfast was hot and somewhat tasty. At check-out the clerk actually wrote down the suggestions I gave him.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is very convenient to the Expo Center and restaurants. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Each night during the week, they provided snacks and drinks in the lobby which made it a good place to unwind. I would recommend staying here and I know I will on my next trip back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel was amazing! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel had a nice free breakfast and was very clean. I would absolutely recommend this hotel if you are staying the area. It is a very easy drive to Valley Forge casino and conference center.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I chose this hotel for its proximity to an event I needed to attend and because I have had good experiences with Hampton Inns on the past. As a solo female traveler, I liked that the parking areas/common areas are well lit and feel safe. Check-in was a breeze, front desk staff were friendly and helpful, room was immaculate and well-stocked with everything I needed. I particularly like the outlets/data ports in the nightstand -- no need to crawl around under the desk to plug in devices. The wifi was fast and easy to log into. Bed was comfy -- although they do use the awful square pillows that are so popular in hotels these days. My only real complaint was that the afternoon hallway noise was too audible in my room. I arrived at about 4 pm after a long day's driving and would have liked to take an afternoon nap before my evening event, but the banging of housekeeping carts and room doors was too loud to accomplish that without earplugs. At night I ran the fan for some white noise, and that helped. I also wish they had sheer curtains in addition to the blackout curtains (that didn't fully close without letting some parking lot light in), so that you could have some light without totally sacrificing privacy. Breakfast was above average, well-stocked, and kept tidy. There was a decent balance of heavy hot items -- eggs, sausage, french toast -- as well as healthier items -- yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. Coffee was pretty good. Although I didn't use it, I appreciated the guest laundry. This hotel met all my needs perfectly well with no major deficits. It's not walkable to much except the Bob Evans an Italian restaurant and a nearby shopping plaza, but it is easily accessible from the highway, although the driveway could be marked more clearly -- I took a wrong turn back onto the highway and ended needing to backtrack 8 miles to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed April 25, 2013

First time in a while that I have walked in a Hampton and literally said wow to myself. This place was just so immaculate in appearance. It was bright and just welcoming. The staff at the front desk lived up to the lobby experience, they were engaging and helpful. The room was as impressive and consistant with my first impression set for me when I walked in the lobby. The room was modern and more than exceeded my expectations. The welcome reception is a great unexpected touch . I dont usually gush about a hotel but you when you add the more than reasonable rate along with all the other positives this it is a true find. I have stayed a 5 star hotels that didn't impress me as much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Homewood Suites Valley Forge
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia V...
#4 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks? Share your experiences!