“Food and service was excellant”
Review of Lenora's

Lenora's
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Perryopolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Lenora loves to cook and it shows through everything that leaves her kitchen. Appetizers, entrees, desserts....all delicious well prepared food. We can not wait to return, Five stars across the board.

There are newer reviews for Lenora's

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Excellent menu, great service, fabulous food
Expensive for such a small town, but worth the drive

3  Thank exploretheworld7
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Wonderful food, attentive service in a warm and inviting atmosphere.I had the salmon with anise seeds, herbs and a raspberry sauce - in a word - superb! My wife had the crab cakes, they were about the best crab cakes she (and I!) ever had. Maybe baked? not oily at all, very fresh crab meat, and plenty of it! The only down side for me is that the salad that comes with the meal is greens only, I would have liked some additional vegetables. I had the pecan/ ice cream dessert - I recommend this one!

We stayed at the inn for 3 nights - very clean and comfortable room, at a reasonable price.
A very good BnB breakfast was included in the price of the room, standard for BnB's. Fresh grapes, eggs, toast, bacon and coffee. Perfect.

We intend to stay and eat at Lenora's whenever we're in the Pittsburgh area, which will be several times in the next few years, since we're planning on moving to the Pittsburgh area.

1  Thank Brock-o-lee
Reviewed May 17, 2007

My husband and I ate at Lenora's for the first time last night. It is a large home that has been converted to a B&B and a gourmet restaurant, with seating by reservation only. The restaurant is filled with crystal chandeliers and antiques, evoking warm victorian charm and elegance. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table. The service was excellent throughout the entire evening and the chef/owner came to our table to chat with us and ensure that everything was to our liking, and it was.

We started off with some drinks from the fully stocked bar and 2 appetizers: French Onion soup and roasted peppers with Havarti cheese. We also had a basket of warm dinner rolls with a perfectly crisp crust and moist interior to eat with our appetizers. My husband loved his soup and we both loved the peppers and cheese. The portions were the perfect size to stimulate our appetite and prepare us for the rest of the meal, without feeling full.

Next, we enjoyed a crisp green salad, done simply with tomato wedges and onion slices and perfectly dressed. This was followed by a lemon sorbet to cleanse our palattes and prepare us for the entrees.

I had the sauteed spots and my husband had the crabcakes. The portions were generous. My fish had a delicate crispy coating and the fish was light and moist-perfectly prepared. My husbands crabcakes were moist and generously sized with no extra fillers, just delicious crab meat. The bay veloute sauce was mild and flavorful and went well with the cakes. We also had a choice of side dishes, both of which were good.

For dessert, I had the chocolate peanut butter pie---decadent!! It was delicious and rich and creamy, a perfect ending to a wonderful evening out!

Of note, a prior review mentioned the overpriced meals. Our bill totaled $92, which included 2 appetizers, 3 bar drinks, 2 entrees and one dessert. We felt this was an exceptional value for our money spent. We had gourmet food in an elegant setting with great service. We knew we weren't going to McDonalds. I don't know anybody that doesn't expect a surcharge for crumbled cheese with their salad as this is standard practice in any restaurant. We can't wait to return and may also spend the night at the B&B.

3  Thank snorkeler-6