“Great Local Resturant”
Review of Gran Sasso Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Gran Sasso Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Owners and staff are always friendly, food is consistenly very good and portions are huge. Guests from out of town always say how great the food was.

There are newer reviews for Gran Sasso Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I enjoyed the meal, but it wasn't the best Italian meal I had while visiting Perkasie. Most orders where call ahead for "take out" pizzas, since we didn't order the pizza I can not comment on if it was good or not. We were the only ones in the dinning hall eating, so you would think it wouldn't take so long to get our food. The pastas dishes were large, and the sandwiches were okay. There was just something "off" that night. Maybe it was the lack of customers, the rainy day, or something. Our severer was not attentive or friendly and considering we were the only people there, it felt a little like we interrupted her reading time. Again, the food was good and service was "okay", I think next time, I will try somewhere else and mark this one off my list.

1  Thank NerdMommy
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've eaten here a number of times with my friend who grew up in the area and used to eat at Gran Sasso as a kid. Every time I go the food is great and it's a nice place to have a quite dinner. Their menu is large with a lot of options, I've tried a bunch of different dishes and I've yet to be disappointed. But beware, the dishes are pretty huge, I usually end up taking about half of my meal home with me. Which is great because then I have lunch for the next day and I have spent about $10 on two meals. The staff is always really friendly, helpful, and attentive. I think the owner can seem a little standoffish because he on the quieter side. My conversations with him have sometimes been a little awkward but I have never witnessed him being rude to anybody.

Definietly check this place out if your in the area, at the very least try their enormous size servings of take out. You won't be disappointed.

P.S.- Gran Sasso is BYOB and conveniently located a few doors down from a wine and liquor store. However, make sure you check the wine store's hours because they are very limited.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food is fresh, well-prepared with many choices. I love the aromas as you walk in the door. The place is small but very cozy. Service was attentive and timely.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food is outstanding & the staff is VERY friendly except for the owner he can be RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!!!! I hope he treats his staff better than he treats the customers, we come back for the GREAT servers & GREAT food.... happy when we don't see the owner!!!!

2  Thank lida m