“great customer service from the managers!”
Review of The Perk

The Perk
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Perkasie
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: If you're hungry for a good time The Perk is probably your kind of place. We're the local eatery that feels like home. From the moment you step in the front door, you're part of the neighborhood. The photos on the wall? They may be your grandparents. Our customers? They're your friends, folks who stop by, often more than once each week, to rub elbows in our three dining rooms. Our employees? They have the same sense of community as you do and are committed to providing consistent, friendly service. Our food? Passion is a primary ingredient in every sandwich or entrée. From award-winning burgers to pasta, steak and seafood, there's something for everyone, and you won't go home hungry. Our portions are generous, giving our customers excellent value for their dollar. There's no pretense. Just good times, good people and great food in a cozy, friendly atmosphere. As the locals have told us, The Perk is "everyone's favorite place."
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I wrote a review several months ago about the rude treatment I received from the hostess at the Perk. I was happily surprised a couple weeks later to see an email in my inbox from the woman in charge of marketing (I assume this was her position) and the hostesses. It was the most apologetic letter I have ever received. She bent over backwards to let me know that they spoke with the hostess and that she was written up, that the owner is really trying to update the customer service his guests are getting. She gave me a $50 gift certificate to encourage me to try them again. I went a month or so later --and although it was a different hostess and a different, less-crowded time of day --I'm pleased to say that I had a good experience. My husband loved his burger and thinks it was one of the best in the area! I am very satisfied with the treatment I received from the Perk after they realized their mistake!

2  Thank mydarlinbaby

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Myself, my wife, and my younger son went to dinner around 7 pm. The hostess told us the wait would be fifteen minutes. Forty minutes later and watching two parties of five and a party of four get seated I asked why we didn't get seated. "I can't seat such a small party at the bigger tables" she said. So at that point we left and will never return to such an unprofessional eatery.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

I asked a friend of mine out for coffee to catch up. We got to the Perk about 8:00 on a Thursday night. When the hostess was getting our information, I let her know that we would just be getting coffee --that we were "catching up". The hostess looked at me and without batting an eye, said, "oh, well, I need my tables for dinners." I just kind of looked at her in shock --I've never been treated this way at a restaurant. She reiterated that she would not seat us unless we ordered something more than coffee. I was so embarrassed that I had asked my friend to this place. I will never be back.

3  Thank mydarlinbaby
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Would recommend the Perk as their food is a good value. The only suggestion I have is for the Perk to add drapes or rugs or tapestry or something as a sound baffle. There is too much sound bouncing off of the wood floors and hard walls making it difficult for conversation.

Reviewed February 12, 2010

The Perkasie equivalent of "Cheers" has been losing ground the past year or so. They have changed the menu so it is harder to find anything other than sandwiches to order. Gone are the good rolls, replaced with brioche bun that doesnt hold a burger and the consistentcy is lacking. Sometimes the wings are crispy most times they are not. Prices increased too.. $10 bucks for nachos with old pulled pork just doesnt cut it. I will say the old standby's of veggie grinder and roast beef are still good, but I miss the steak, pick and peel shrimp and jalpeno poppers. But since this is the type of place that you could frequent twice a week, they need to bring back some good dinners.

4  Thank oct1020