“Popular Local Eatery, but just average”
Review of The Perk

The Perk
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Perkasie
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: If you're hungry for a good time The Perk is probably your kind of place. We're the local eatery that feels like home. From the moment you step in the front door, you're part of the neighborhood. The photos on the wall? They may be your grandparents. Our customers? They're your friends, folks who stop by, often more than once each week, to rub elbows in our three dining rooms. Our employees? They have the same sense of community as you do and are committed to providing consistent, friendly service. Our food? Passion is a primary ingredient in every sandwich or entrée. From award-winning burgers to pasta, steak and seafood, there's something for everyone, and you won't go home hungry. Our portions are generous, giving our customers excellent value for their dollar. There's no pretense. Just good times, good people and great food in a cozy, friendly atmosphere. As the locals have told us, The Perk is "everyone's favorite place."
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Took some business associates out to dine at this local legend in Perkasie, very popular with the locals. 2 of us had the Panko Chicken which was overcooked and hard to chew. Looked like it was thrown into a deep fryer, rather than a pan, which gave it the texture of a roofing shingle. Others in our party tried the cheesesteaks, which were OK, about average, but when you throw canned cheese whiz on a steak, it makes it just average. Otherwise, servic was very good, and some of the side dishes were above average.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the Perk many times over the years, so we chose to eat early to avoid the wait in the tiny lobby or at the bar.
One of the draws these days is the local draft beer from Perkasie's Free Will Brewing Company. They also have another dozen drafts for all kinds of tastes.
For dinner, I had one of the specials, pan grilled Halibut served with Cous Cous and choice of soup or salad.
The salad was made mostly from Romaine lettuce, unfortunately mostly the lower part of the leaf, a bit of Spring mix, a few onions, cucumber slices, croutons, and a slice of tomato. From what I could tell, it was made in advance and refrigerated, allowing it to dry out and wilt.
At this point, we realized that no rolls had been served. We asked and our waitress brought some right away. They used to serve sour dough rolls with every meal but it seems you have to ask now, and I like the new whole grain rolls better, but remember to ask.
The Halibut was excellent, white and flakey and well seasoned. I enjoyed it immensely! Too bad the bed of Cous Cous, with zucchini and carrot pieces, it was served on, was almost tasteless.
My partner had a blackened shrimp salad. The shrimp were seasoned very well, and luckily she got the leafy end of the Romaine for her salad along with a huge pile of croutons. She had no complaints at all other than too many croutons.
The Perk is a fairly regular stop for us. I usually get the prime rib special on weekends but am glad I opted for the Halibut. I also usually get the soup, not salad, but it was so hot outside I changed my pattern. Sorry about that choice. The soup is always good but I was disappointed with the salad.
The service is friendly and the bus boys cruise around just looking for an empty dish to take away. The walls have pictures of historical Perkasie and local baseball history. All in all a really nice place to eat.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The Perk is well known for its burgers and great atmosphere. Definitely recommend Tuesday Night Cheesesteaks!

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Came tonight for a fundraiser and truly, truly enjoyed the food. I had a calypso burger, the best one I have had. Home made fries so yummy, its not close to where we live but we'll be back soon!!!!

1  Thank Conshytraveler
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I like that this was a local restaurant, locally owned. The local beer was great to chose from and the old photos of local teams really added to the place. The food was good, not pretentious like some franchised places I have been to.