“Love to dine out”

Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Perkasie
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: If you're hungry for a good time The Perk is probably your kind of place. We're the local eatery that feels like home. From the moment you step in the front door, you're part of the neighborhood. The photos on the wall? They may be your grandparents. Our customers? They're your friends, folks who stop by, often more than once each week, to rub elbows in our three dining rooms. Our employees? They have the same sense of community as you do and are committed to providing consistent, friendly service. Our food? Passion is a primary ingredient in every sandwich or entrée. From award-winning burgers to pasta, steak and seafood, there's something for everyone, and you won't go home hungry. Our portions are generous, giving our customers excellent value for their dollar. There's no pretense. Just good times, good people and great food in a cozy, friendly atmosphere. As the locals have told us, The Perk is "everyone's favorite place."
Reviewed July 23, 2012

One of the best places in the area to dine. Very large menu and a very pleasant atmosphere. Can be noisy if the place is full but it won't stop me from dining there.

1  Thank Donna C
There are newer reviews for The Perk

Reviewed June 28, 2012

They have the best food and a quaint atmosphere. I use to go here for lunch often when I worked in the area. Wish I lived closer. I always stop by when I am in that area.

1  Thank Doreen G
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place has always been an old favorite for my family and I, and is a great value for the food they serve. It's definitely anything but fancy- occasionally, the cast of characters that comes around can turn out to be some added evening entertainment- but it is family friendly and decent eats for a casual night on the town.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been eating at The Perk for over 10 years now and haven't had a meal I didn't enjoy. It's also worth noting that everyone else I've brought to The Perk has enjoyed every meal they’ve eaten too. The prices are reasonable, and if you don’t overeat you’ll have at least half of your meal to take home – which means it’s an even better deal!

Another reviewer wrote that it gets crowded, and that's definitely the case at times. Arrive earlier than 5:30pm to get the shortest wait times. Sometimes you can even get there at around 6pm and still not wait more than 15 minutes, but be prepared no matter what time you arrive since this can be a busy place. Also, the main waiting area is small and cramped because it’s basically a hallway, but you can wait outside or around the corner in the bar area if you'd like a little more space. It does get a little noisy because the areas aren’t separated but I think it adds to the atmosphere of a restaurant like The Perk. The seemingly happy conversations and laughter mean people are enjoying themselves!

"Cheesesteak Night" is still on Tuesdays and the local teens pack the place along with any adults who dare to show up as well. Right now it's $2.99 for a cheesesteak with sauce, cheddar and onions on "Cheesesteak Night". However, if you don't want some sort of fake cheese sauce on your steak, don't go on Tuesday/Cheesesteak Night anyway. You have to specifically ask for a different type of cheese ("real" cheese) and you won't get the special price, so it's best to go on another night. However, if you don't mind the fake cheese sauce, feel free to enjoy the low price.
The other thing I feel worth mentioning is that the women’s room is particularly small and crowded with only 2 stalls. It’s also along the main waiting area/hallway so it can be a little bit of a struggle to get in past the waiting guests. However, out of any small bathrooms I’ve had to navigate, something about the atmosphere at The Perk seems to make the women more friendly about sharing such a tight space. I also vaguely remember my fiancé saying that the men’s room has its own quirks, but I can’t remember exactly what they are, and men seem to care less anyway.

My favorite dishes are the chicken parmesan platter, flat iron steak, regular cheesesteaks (with “real” cheese), and they have a great house Italian dressing for the salads. I also personally think that their carrot cake is the best I’ve ever had and I make sure to get a piece during most visits, even if I have to order it to-go.

Basically, The Perk is the place we go when we want to have a nice meal we know we’ll enjoy. Happy eating!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a great bar/restaurant. Good food, not expensive.