“Wonderful Experience. Would Definitely Recommend!”

Skydive Philadelphia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Skydive Philadelphia provided for one of the best experiences of my life.

Although not an issue for me, many people have complained that they did not get to jump. This does not reflect negatively on the company because skydiving is completely dependent on the weather. The company makes this point extremely clear on their website; so if you are questioning it all, make sure you call ahead before you leave.

I would recommend scheduling an appointment in the morning. Skydive Philadelphia usually has delays, which they warn you of, so the earlier your appointment is, the less time you will have to wait. Once you get there you have to fill out paperwork, which takes about 20 minutes and watch a short safety video. From the time we got there, to the time we stepped on the plane, about an hour had passed. Although it felt like a while, the company had informed me of this waiting time when I scheduled my appointment.

I personally was not very scared, but the staff is extremely well trained to make you feel comfortable and safe. They clearly explain the sequence of events and what to expect to ensure that you are prepared for your jump. My instructor also informed me of his experience and that he had jumped over 1,000 times, which made me feel secure. The skydiving experts are extremely professional, but also a lot of fun, which is demonstrated through their high-energy and bubbly personalities.

The scariest part was the plane ride and the physical act of jumping. The professionals talk you through it and make jokes to make it easier. Once I was falling my fears disappeared and I was able to thoroughly enjoy the experience. I even felt relaxed and could appreciate the view once the parachute opened.

I would definitely recommend Skydive Philadelphia, for its efficiency, friendly and professional staff, and overall positive and thrilling experience. There is no doubt that I would go again.

1  Thank summerjiries

Reviewed May 13, 2014

While I have only been skydiving one time - I think that the team at Skydive Philly was AWESOME! They took the time to walk me through the mechanisms of the parachute and the logistics of the jump before getting on the plane. Once we were in the air - all of the experienced divers were talking to their tandums getting a feel for their comfort level, experience and what each person wanted out of their jump.

After our initial free fall, the schute was pulled and we were gliding safely to the ground. My "guide" was pointing out sights on the horizon including Philly and NYC!

The entire experience was really great and I can not wait to go again!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

What more can I say, except the tandem folks were polite and expert (or she wouldn't still be making dinners for me).

2  Thank FWDpost
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a groupon to another location that went bankrupt and these guys were nice enough to take us all on-- what an awesome experience with totally cool employees... Worth the trip!!! --Courtney dowell

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went skydiving with two friends after we bought a coupon on Living Social. We had to reschedule three times because of bad weather but the staff was really friendly and helpful. When we finally had good weather, I called to see if they could fit us in rather than waiting for our reschedule date. They said yes and we were strapped in our gear and on the plane within 45 minutes of arriving. The tandem guys were all really nice and professional. The jump went great, definitely opt for the "extended free fall." It's worth the few extra seconds.

My only regret is that I wish we would have jumped on a clearer day. It was very hazy the day we jumped and you couldn't see very far. My tandem partner said that on clear days you can see New York City, the day we jumped you couldn't even see the Philadelphia skyline. Also, use the restroom before you go. They only have an outdoor porta potty.