“DO NOT JUMP W/ ROM!”

Skydive Philadelphia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Okay so this review is specifically for the tandem jump instructor named Rom. Avoid him at all costs. My experience with my tandem jump partner was terrible and extremely uncomfortable. His name was Rom and he made inappropriate sexual jokes throughout the entire airplane ride. In addition to this rude behavior, Rom proceeded to flip and maneuver the chute recklessly during the jump as I repeatedly told him to stop. He did not listen and I subsequently threw up multiple times during the jump. It took me an hour to finally settle my stomach. Compared to my previous jump in Italy and the experience of my sister who jumped with Peter and had a wonderful experience, mine was a complete nightmare.

So my advice to anyone jumping from this location is that you should choose your instructors wisely. Chat with them before the jump and feel them out. Switch if you feel uncomfortable. The place is not bad and if not for this one instructor it would have been a great experience.

8  Thank Rashid K
in 17 reviews
"risks"
"risa"

Reviewed August 17, 2012

A friend bought my tandem skydiving experience as a gift for my 40th birthday (what a doll!). A week earlier, I had gone to the Grand Canyon expecting a contemplative experience - it was awesome but not transformative. Well, jumping out of that prop plane into a 30+ second freefall was just what the doctor ordered! When I was back safely on land, I felt ready to conquer the world..and have been on a natural high ever since! My jump was scheduled for 8am and I was in the plane by 9am. Brian was the pro who jumped with me, he was awesome (even though his antics nearly made me regret eating lunch). He calmed my nerves and made it an awesome experience. A friend and I plan to return in a month!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Don't beleive the bad reviews - Skydive Philadelphia is the best place for your first jump. Here's a tip - COME EARLY!!! It's really busy on weekends and holidays. Be patient - if there's a delay it's for your own safety. These guys won't go up if there's any chance of bad weather or high winds. All in all I loved it and will go up with them again!!!

1  Thank HammerNJ
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went to Skydive Philadelphia for my first skydive with 9 of my friends. It was such a great experience and I definitely would go back. The staff was very helpful and fun which added to the experience. Since there were 10 of us all together and we arrived about an hour apart we ended up going on a total of 4 different planes but there were 2 or 3 per plane from our group. After the first 2 planes went up the weather got pretty crumby but we had expected that from checking out the weather report. We had brought some card games and hung out inside in the ac until it was totally safe to go back up. All in all we were there from about 9am until 2pm and got 10 people to jump. Not too shabby at all. But awesome experience overall, no complaints at all!!

1  Thank Stacy D
See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I knew that there would be scattered thunderstorms on the day of our scheduled jump. I called them the day before to ask if it was canceled, but they told me to call early in the morning to verify if they were still jumping.

It was drizzling where I live (Philly), but they said that they were still jumping. I was told that if I canceled the day of, I would have to pay $75.

We get there, fill out the paperwork & wait. Well, they stopped jumping because of a storm cloud & tell us to wait it out for an hour. When I asked to reschedule, I was told that I had to call Groupon again! Wow, I bet that $75 rescheduling fee was just a scam. The man in the main office was incredibly rude over the phone & in person.

Groupon was very helpful, & we were able to reschedule for another day. I just want to get my jump over with, so I don't have to go back there third time.

5  Thank cookieeecrisp