“The best hidden gem you could ever find”
Review of Free Will Brewing

Free Will Brewing
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Perkasie
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“The best hidden gem you could ever find”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I get to travel the country for my job, getting to taste some of the best craft beer you could ask for and little did I know just 20 minutes away from home was this hidden gem. Discovering a place so close to home that has such incredible beer for me to taste and fill my growlers with, was a treat that keeps on giving. The staff here is so pleasant, and their knowledge of what you can sample is spot on proving you with the exact notes that will hit your taste buds, where and when. That to me is impressive because it takes tasting to the proper level you expect when trying new beers. I try and get there every other weekend and it is a great way to spend about an hour, tasting, chatting, and then walking out with as good as I've had at some of the best craft breweries in the U.S. I can't wait until they open up in the new location just a few steps from this one. Hopefully nothing changes and they remain the perfect spot to try whatever new treasure they built, or some existing treasures. If they keep the same thought process as they have in the basement, this will remain the perfect gem.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank wkrupa

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Welcoming Fun Little Brewery”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This small brewery located in an industrial building right by the Perk in Perkasie, Bucks County, has been open for a little over a year now. We missed the time for a tour but intend to come back and do it at some point. A friend told us about it so we stopped in for a look.

There is a large room for tastings so there is plenty of space but the bar is small and there is limited high top tables/seating. I assume that over time as they build up a following the bar will get bigger and the furnishings will increase. The large space is promising.

The young college student working the bar/tasting room was knowledgeable, funny, polite and unbelievably welcoming. She offered free generous tasting portions of all of the brewery's approximately 10 different beers. She was able to talk about the brewery, the background and the beers in a sincere conversational way. She told us we could take our time but was ready to refill with a new taster when we were ready. The tasting experience and staff was among the best I found at a brewery.

The beers ranged from decent to very good. The current offerings (as of October 2013) included two IPAs, the Citra, a Saison, a Black and Tan, a Lager, a Stout, Kolsch, and a Belgium White Ale among others. You can bring growlers to fill or purchase growlers there for $5 plus the cost of beer. They also offer all of their beers in cold or warm six packs. Our favorites included the Citra. The "Bread Monster" lager was surprisingly good. The IPAs were good. They had a special breast cancer awareness pink Saison that we did not like too much but I liked the concept! We took a 6 pack of their Citra with us. The bottled Citra did not taste nearly as good as the Citra on tap.

Overall, this is a nice new brewery with a lot of potential. The staff was so welcoming and the beer is tasty so I highly suggest stopping in for a tour and a tasting if you are anywhere in the area. I really appreciated the vibe of the place and I hope the owners are successful here. Next to Maize Restaurant this may be one of my new favorite things in Perkasie!

• Visited October 2013