“A gem in Perkasie”

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem in Perkasie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here for a special "date night." It was our first time at this place. The food was amazing - I had the fluke and he had the bison. Both were very good! We really appreciated the attention to detail by the waiter who did a great job explaining the menu options. We had two courses and that took 2 hours. We loved being there enjoying each others company and amazing food. I would suggest this place if you love special food and are not wanting a quick in and out meal. Thank you everyone at the Maize for a memorable meal and evening. So glad you guys are here locally in Perkasie.

• Visited August 2013

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Delicious but LOUD and s..l..o..w..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Our server was great, food was outstanding, but being over 55, none of us could hear each other. We were all hoarse by the end the evevning. Adding some sound absorption to the room would help. That being said, the bison was done to perfection, mussels were wonderful. The terrine dessert did not dissapoint. Will go back but never on a weekend. Server said they are adding a patio in the back and adding space upstairs. Let's hope that helps.

Visited July 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Cute restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went here last night with a group of 6. We had a fabulous dinner and great time! Everything is made to order, and makes for a long meal. We were there for about 4 hrs and each had an appetizer, entree and dessert. If was no issue for us since we hadn't seen each other and were catching up. I recommend going with a group and the time will fly by. I do not feel this would be the place to go for a romantic dinner, just not the atmosphere for it. I will also say that it is very loud and hot! At one point they had to open the door, because it was very hot and smoky( from the kitchen). I will admit, I did prefer what my husband ordered. He had the mussels for an app and the bison for entree which was mouth watering. I had scallops and crab cake, which admittedly I have had better. For dessert he had creme brûlée, which he said was rich and creamy. I had a lavender pane cotta, which was mild and interesting. Overall very cute little ( about 30 seats) restaurant that uses all local ingredients from nearby farms. The best part and money saver, BYOB!!

• Visited June 2013
“another fantastic meal at Maize in Perkasie Pa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Last night we went back to Maize. The meal was fantastic. I had the mussles as an appetizer. Outstanding to say the least. 3 of us had the red snapper. It was done to perfection and set on a bed of beggies. ablolutely the best i ever had. Matt the chef oversees the operation and does the cooking. it is excelllent
They do not rush you the meal is served at a slow pace so you can enjoy every bit without being rushed.
The wait staff knows the product and are very helpful in answering any questions.
it is BYOB so you need to bring your own special brews.

if you go to Perkasie this is a MUST stop

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Sligome
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

A charming small BYOB restaurant in an ex-urb of Philadelphia about 40 miles from center city. Easy parking, great service, absolutely wonderful food. But, get here early because NOTHING has been prepared before hand, not even the sauces. Everything is made when ordered. For example, I ordered a pasta appetizer and watched as the pasta was mixed and rolled and eventually cut before being cooked. Must allow at least 2 hours from when you give your order to when you are drinking your after dinner coffee or tea. But I am very glad I made the 80 mile round trip. Will do it again.

• Visited April 2013