“We Met Here Again...”

Riverwalck Saloon
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Parryville
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Riverwalck Saloon is a very unique restaurant. We are a Smokehouse with a Rustic Saloon look. We use some of the freshest ingredients available with daily deliveries and all of our soups, sauces and condiments are made fresh daily in house. We also smoke all of our meats right out back in our more than just your average smoker. Our menu has something for everyone, even the kids! We have a "Big Backyard" with lots to do. Sit around the fire pits with some friends and enjoy a drink or two, take a stroll down the path to the river, take a look at our custom made motorcycles, one out front and one hanging from the ceiling. Also check out the classic Riverwalck Pick-Up Truck on display outside or enjoy yourself on our back deck with access to our back bar. And T.V.S, yes, we have a few. So plan a day and take a ride to the Riverwalck Saloon.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I met at Riverwalck (yes, I spelled it correctly) again this year to get together with some of my wife's friends from high school. This year, however, I knew going in that anything supposed to taste Tex-Mex or Cajun is just not that way. The only Mexican thing ordered at our table was nachos. The nachos had briskit (actually tasted like roast beef) as the meat - that was quite different. Most of the reviews that call the food Tex-Mex are from PA and do not seem to know what is the taste of Tex-Mex. Quite frankly, we have fast food places here in Oklahoma that can show up Riverwalck in this regard. That all being written, we found it to be a great place to get together with friends. Personally, we didn't experience any difficulty with other patrons as I have read in some reviews. We stayed inside this year and the waitress was kind enough to switch the TV so that I could watch the Rams play the Cardinals in the middle of Eagles country. If you are from the South, or Southwest, just know when you order that BBQ, Mexican, or Cajun food is a very bland comparison to their real life counterparts from our neck of the woods. I stuck with a burger this year and fared fine. All of us had a great time and we will return next year. Oh yeah, they have finished remodeling the outside this year. The place looks really good.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have to grudgingly admit that I was wrong. I had a bad perception of this place due it being kind of like a destination eatery and all the bad hype I had heard. It was wrong, very wrong. The place itself is very unique and fun to be at but that's not where it stops. The food was awsome and the ambiance is great. I never eat left overs from when I go out but there ribs were the exception...haha. If smoked meat is your thing, this is a must go.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I don't like to bad mouth but! Food was disgusting. Got the smokestack BBQ. Chicken was boiled and topped with BBQ. Brisket was dry and rubbery, cut incorrectly, so couldn't just horrible. Sausage was pretty good. Ribs looked good at first. Had that nice char on the outside, but when you open them up the char was on inside too. IE: beef jerky but worse. Chips and salsa chips were stale. Wife got burrito. Chipotle sauce was bitter not spicy. Inside cheese burrito tasteless pork. Picodegallo was old. Even my beer tasted funny. I think they need to clean this place up. Your going make someone sick someday. Sorry for the review. Place needs to clean up their act

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just happen to spot this place in during one of our drives off the turnpike. The day we were there, lots of bikers and a few families. Food was fair and not spicey. Took a while but since not in a rush we could relax. We did eat outside since most of inside was crowded and noisy, especially around the bar which is right inside the front door. Would i go back? Maybe but it's not on my plus side for returns.

1  Thank 2CaribTravelers
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We've been here several times over the past two years, and while it does seem to vary a bit in food quality, if you stick to the basics (anything smoked) I think its quite good. I had the ribs and they were amazing. Wife likes the burrito, which is large and filled with brisket. Never saw bikers there (see review below) but we have generally gone during the week (but what is wrong with bikers, anyway?). Mostly couples in the bar area and families in the back.Getting in on Saturday night is difficult. Service can be a bit slow.
Frankly, unless you go up to Jim Thorpe, this is pretty good for the area.
Never did ask why there are dollar bills all over the walls.