“Slightly above food quality...service really below average. Server named "patience"....so apropos since the food was presented ”
Review of Stottsville Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stottsville Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

First time visiting was Valentine's day. The waitress was far from a fine dining waitress. Having visited numerous Inns in the area our expectations were set for a "General Warren" type experience. Overall, portion size was small, waitress was extremely in attentive and the romantic night was a prolonged dining experience. We waited over an hour for our meal, had the tables rearranged around us, felt like the ambiance of the building was nullified by the lack of consideration for the next days prep. The kitchen closed at 9, we were there at 8 and were eating our main course at 9:15. Very disappointed in the evening, never had an experience like that at any other Inn.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food is average but the Inn is suppose to be haunted, so I guess it's the atmosphere that draws me there. The pub is nice for lunch and they do have daily specials

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very pricey for average entrees. Chef is willing to modify dishes for food preferences. Excellent service.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our group was very disappointed! Prices were way to high for the small portions! One of our guest's ordered a vegatable lazagna and when it came out we all gaped at the small portion. I saw her eat many slices of bread to curb her hunger. The server was a DITZ! The last 3 orders were for beef stroganoff and they came 20 minutes after the rest were served. Then it was very dry looking. I had to wait for her to come back and I asked her where my stroganoff was. She replied, "Oh, it looked like you had food in front of you!" Then she brought out an even dryer looking dish for me. It was the most awful beef stroganoff I ever had! The sauce was disgusting! Needless to say that I was embarrassed and will not return. Janice & Jack should follow up on "How the service & food" was....especially when you are a large group! They lost some good loyal customers in my book!!!!!!!

1  Thank Nance A
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Excellent food, very good service, and elegant setting. The bar is elegant. We will continue to visit this fine establishment.

2  Thank CountryFolk180