“Through a Child's Eyes!”

National Christmas Center
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Paradise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Journey through the memories, History and traditions of Christmas in our 20,000 sqft Museum & Family Attraction. Replica of a Woolworth's Department Store, Journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem, Toyland Train Mountain, TudorTowne Animated Storybook Village, Santa's Workshop and so much more! (Last tour tickets sold 1 hour prior to closing)
Banbridge, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Through a Child's Eyes!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are a group of five retirees who have recently taken a two-week trip through the middle Atlantic states. (Two in our traveling party were first-time visitors to the United States). An early stop was the Amish area of Pennsylvania for three days. I had read about this place, though had never been myself. It came recommended by another friend who said it was a must-do in the Lancaster area. So we decided, as a group, to give it a go! Well no one was disappointed, to say the least. We spent 3 hours here! We loved every bit of this very special place that lets the visitor see Christmas through a child's eyes via several room settings over time. What a massive collection! My favorite was the Woolworth's 5 & 10 Cent Store display, as I saw so many toys and decorations that us kids had (or yearned for!) growing up in the 1950s. There is a very nice gift shop here, too. Our group gave top marks to this treasure, and would recommend a visit to kids of all ages. Handy location with a large parking lot.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 16smiles

Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“For those that love Christmas”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. So many good memories were brought back by the displays in the numerous rooms. Lights, ornaments, and displays everywhere. The old store was a favorite along with the huge variety of nativity scenes.

Lynbrook, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I were there on my birthday in 2010 and loved every second of it. My favorite was the Santa quilt. I would recommend this place to a lot of people even if they aren't religious.
We didn't know this place existed until we found a brochure at Homestead Lodging Bed & Breakfast. I'm glad I took pictures exhibits in the museum. It was heaven

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Donna C
Hurley, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice place to visit while in the area”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very nice. We enjoyed the visit. we had an hour or two to kill so we stopped in to satisfy our curiosity. It was better than expected. If you like all that goes with the history of Christmas, then you will enjoy this.

Visited December 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“lights”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

had a lovely time here and the lights were great, drove around the curcuit twice and loved the xmas shop

Visited December 2012