“Great location and price”

Rodeway Inn Paradise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We are four young adults, who came to Amish country for the first time. It was late at night when we decided to look for accomodations and many other hotels did not pick up the phone. When we stopped at Rodeway inn, we were really happy to find this great affordable hotel. Rooms were clean and spacey, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Four of us shared a room with 2 queen beds and we felt there was enough space for all of us. The rooms have a fridge, hair dryer and TV. The disign is simple, but doesn't have a motel feel to it.The bathroom was clean and pretty good size. Although hotel is situated along the noisy road, we did not hear any traffic. AC worked perfectly well, bed linens were crispy white and we felt the room was very cozy, modern and affordable. We do not recommend this hotel for any romantic vacation, but it is great for a short stay, as it provides clean, quite and very affordable stay. Free high speed wi-fi, parking and cinnamon bun for breakfast were a great little things that we also appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Entered into the office and was welcomed with the smell of curry and crying kids. Besides that check-in had no problems. I was using points for my room so did not experience the price problems others had. Room was clean enough for a cheap hotel. The BIG problem is the noise. Situated directly on Rote 30, truck traffic is constant and LOUD. There are also bright lights outside the room, even with the curtains closed I could clearly see everything in the room. By 5AM guests were starting to leave and you could hear every argument they were having. May have had two hours of sleep. Better off a few miles up the road at one of the Lancaster Econolodges which are cheaper, cleaner and quieter (and no curry). On the plus side I did have a good free Internet connection.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lp1962
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I was very unhappy with this hotel and will be posting my review wherever possible to warn other travelers. The front dest lady was friendly once she decided to wake up and come out the back to check us in. I was a little put off by the price increase for an extra person which was a child. From the outside the hotel looked ok. so I thought this was a fairly new facility but when we got in the room the sheets was stained the microwave was missing from the top of the rickety refridgerator. The bathroom was dirty. The vending machines were almost empty.The so called breakfast was stale honey buns and coffee. The toilet was not working so we called the front desk. I was told they dont fix things in the evening but there is a plunger in the hallway. The nasty plunger was wedged between the vending machines of all places on top of a plastic bag which had feces and water sitting in it. I was so appaulled and disgusted by this. This has to be against some kind of health codes. I exspected a little more for $69. Which when I booked online was only $59 and I had AAA which was supposed to take off an additional 10%. Had I known they were going to jack the price up I would have gone to Marriott for a few more dollars. At least you know youre going to get good service and quality. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Husband picked this one, right on Rt 30, just down the road from Millers & Deinners. The room is large with a desk & chair, sink is just as you come into the room. Beds were comfortable enough. We had to turn the air on as we entered & plug in the fridge. It would have been nice to put our drinks in to an already cold fridge but....bathroom floor was not clean, hair in several places....ick.....shampoo bottle was half full, byoc (bring your own conditioner none is supplied) I found a newspaper from Spring of 2008 in the drawer & a pair of mens underwear in the bureau, somebodys going commando!. We had to move the desk so we could have the doors of the TV cabinet stay open. "Breakfast" not really no milk for tea or coffee just that powdered stuff & prepackaged sticky buns. We hit Millers & had a great breakfast. All in all pretty minor stuff. It's not the Ritz. it was an OK place to stay, wish the bath floor had been cleaner.
My biggest complaint was when we made the reservation we were told a discount would be applied when we checked it & showed our AAA card. It didn't happen, the price remained the same (as quoted, as on web) The woman who checked us in said "it had already been applied", not true.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitsaattheshore
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This motel was very basic and pretty clean. The towels were clean, but stained up. The bathroom floor could have been a little cleaner, but the rest of the motel was clean. The sheets and carpet were clean. Some of the bed pillows were down. My room even had a chair in it along with the beds. The breakfast is only wrapped honey buns and coffee/tea.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingTyTy
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is a clean, well kept hotel with the owner on premises and eager to please. I requested ground floor, near office, with a comfortable chair, and she gladly fulfilled my request. (She double checked to make sure my room had everything I requested by walking to the room!) It's not luxurious, but a clean, well maintained place to sleep at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2008

Rodeway in Paradise is run by rude people. They charged us
double on our credit card, we had the presense of mind to keep
our receipt. When I called the hotel the girl was extremely rude.
Now the credit card company is handling it. Don't stay there. DB

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Redworthington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Dutch Treat Motel
Dutch Treat Motel
#14 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Rodeway Inn Paradise? Share your experiences!