“Depressing waste of time, unparalleled crappy service only matched by crappiness of overpriced crap for sale!”

Cackleberry Farm Antique Mall
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Paradise
Mystic, ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The cashiers at the front desk were so petty and rude, when we asked if we could get a bit of a discount off of a $20 (extremely overpriced to begin with) simple small wooden table for a dollhouse, since at the register we noticed 2 of the legs already coming off, the petty sales lady said store policy was no discounts. She was extremely unapologetic, snooty, and condescending!! We had a few other items and at that moment the salesperson was so petty and rude we decided right then we would spend our money somewhere else where our money would be appreciated, and it would be a pleasant shopping experience. I did not want to have those items in my home only to be reminded of this gross store with it's overpriced junktiques and it's petty, rude, condescending salespeople. What a waste of time that my family will never get back! I wish I had paid attention to all the bad reviews! I hope my review will help others to avoid the awful experience we had. Please, there are plenty of other antique stores in the area that have nice salespeople and decent items at reasonable prices. Avoid this place as you would avoid aditch full of slithering snakes! It's time you will never ever get back, and it will sour your entire day.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank David A

Fullerton, California
292 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 321 helpful votes
“Too many locked cases...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy antiquing and I really don't like the shops that have everything locked in cases, and this is one of them. While some items were out for you to look at, almost everything else was behind cases and I only saw one employee available to let you look at something in a case. Will pass on this one next time.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank RockNCreekGirl
Syracuse, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Cackleberry Antique Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have never been in a building of "antiques" that was as neatly and cleanly kept! Displays were easy to see and selection was HUGE. The plus was that we were hungry - the small diner connected to the Antique Mall served DELICIOUS food - Fritz's open faced reuben was excellent. Server was polite and friendly. Might not shop for antiques there but I would definitely go back to eat!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mlc5556
Burlington, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Antiques & Collectibles!!! Huge Antique Mall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent over 4 hours here!! Wear comfortable shoes!! HUGE Place!! They also have a great restaurant on the property! Can not wait to go back again!

Visited September 2013
Towson, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Buyer Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a large place but don't let the online picture fool you, its not that big!
Pretty much junk or what I call basement finds, vintage junk mostly. Most likely leftover
"antiques" from dealers or yard sale finds.
I was stunned at how many fake and reproduction items were being passed of as real with rather high prices!
After 35 years buying and selling antiques I would rate this place as one of if not the worst antique mall Ive seen.

Visited September 2013