“I have to disagree with the statements presented in the August 31,1012 review”

Beiler's Guest House  Rooms & Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise
Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Paradise B&B and Inns
psyexplor
“I have to disagree with the statements presented in the August 31,1012 review”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

For the last 10 years, I have resided at the Belier’s BNB on multiple occasions. I have to disagree with the statements presented in the August 31,1012 review i.e. the overwhelming traffic noise, outdated rooms, the sanitary conditions of the bathrooms and bedrooms, the amount of cookware, the comfortably of the temperature level. In my experiences, the traffic noise was minimal. The rooms were anything but outdated. All of the rooms reflect an old-fashioned, colorful, cute, dollhouse style which was soothing to the eye. The outside of the home is charming, creative, unique, and inviting. My family fell in love with the BNB immediately. The bathrooms were always fresh, clean, and hygienic. After traveling to several BNBs across America, I can say the bedrooms and the linen were spotless and sterile. The innkeeper also checked in with us periodically to ensure that we were comfortable with the temperature in our rooms. Overall, our encounters at this BNB were fantastic and we plan to visit in the upcoming years!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank psyexplor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beiler's B&B is located about 12 feet from the very busy and noisy main highway running through Lancaster. This highway also serves as a main thoroughfare for semi trucks traveling across the state, which to our horror ran ceaselessly all night long.The innkeepers provide a grimy sound machine and a very loud window air conditioning unit to help muffle the noise. Unfortunately the alternatives weren't any better than the semi trucks swooshing past every minute or two.

We stayed in the family suite which comprises 2 main rooms, a bathroom and shared kitchen. The rooms are outdated and decor is mismatched (a lobster-boat Maine fisherman lamp with 70s style bedspread and shabby velvet sofa). The kitchen was poorly equipped with minimal cookware and no dishwasher. The bathroom was clean but the toiletries were gross--a full size, shared bottle of cheap, grocery store brand scented body wash/shampoo. Note to innkeeper: sharing "family style" big bottles of body wash and shampoo with past guests is nasty!

Before I located the thermostat I froze from the air conditioning vent located directly above the bed in the larger bedroom. A linen closet off the bedroom contains extra blankets and pillows. When I opened the much-needed extra blanket it was filthy with stains and spooge! All the linens had that dirty, old smell of unclean linens. I decided I'd rather be cold and did my best to block the air conditioning vent with pillows. According to the maid change-envelope, the room cleaners are the innkeepers own teenage children. While endearing, perhaps this explains the dirty blanket and smelly linens.

Our (thankfully) single-night stay at Beiler's was painfully noisy and disappointing. What I hoped would be a charming country inn was merely a big family house on the side of a very busy highway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I was surprised by this reveiw, as all of my other guests that week were verbally complimentary, but I will do my best to adress each of your issues.
As far as being along Lincoln Hwy. East. That is our address, we do not hide that and are very clear about our location on our web site, so there should be no surprises.

The air conditioner in that unit is brand new and I'm not sure what you mean by grimy sound machiene? Many of our guests are not bothered by the traffic, but anyone that is a light sleeper at home will certainly be a light sleeper away from home.

As far as out dated decor....maybe you are not familar with a decor style called Vintage??
You are right about that bed spread, it has been on my list to replace as soon as there is time. We have been solid busy since March. The chaise is an antique which we recovered and is an heirloom from my husbands Amish family. So sorry you did not appreciate its beauty!

I literally did inventory on the cookware thinking maybe some was misplaced, but was happy to see the following.
Two skillets, one small, one medium and one very large stock pot, large stainless bowl. An electric mixer, plenty of utensils, plates, bowls, mugs, cups, can opener, pitchers, cutting board, cutting knifs, wine glasses, etc.
Anytime a guest needs something more then that, we are delighted to loan them anything from our own kitchen.
The kitchens do not have dishwashers, but we do provide dishwash soap, dish clothes/towels for you. We do not charge extra for the kitchens, they are a bonus.

Thanks for noticing the clean bathroom which was cleaned by our College kid who was home for the summer and is my best cleaner:)
The body wash and shampoo/conditioner are in large containers which get cleaned when we clean the bathrooms. I fail to see how this is gross, as no one is touching the liquid soap inside the container. Many spas and gyms have these in their showers. This is one of the ways we can keep your nightly rate down, because people are less likely to steal a larger container and bulk is always cheeper.

The central AC unit climate control for that unit is on the wall directly in front of your bed and also has heat if you were cold. I was horrified when you said the extra blankets in the cupboard were quote "filthy with stains and spooge"
I checked immediatly and found the blankets the same way we had left them.
They are the blankets we no longer use on the beds. Like if someone spills something on a blanket and we cannot get the stain out after soaking and washing, we then put the blanket into the spare closet for cold guests to use. No spooge found...I had to look that up. Not a word that is commonly used in my sheltered Mennonite back ground. We wash all linens after being used, so I'm not sure what you were smelling??

Please refrain from making digs at my children, that is unkind and unnecessary.
The oldest one is 20, in college and my best bathroom cleaner when he is home.
The middle one is 16 and takes care of the sweeping/dusting. He is in High school and aspires to be a police man.
The youngest is 12 and does a better job at checking guests in then I do, as she is a little actress and very friendly. She can be seen at The American Music Theaters Christmas show.
The other cleaning help are very qualified and particular as am I.

I am sorry you felt the need to write such a nasty reveiw,when we are right here to assist you in any way we can to make your stay comfortable. We also chose not to charge you extra for the stains left in the carpet and towels, the dirty dishes in the sink and the soiled sheets.
Ironically, my house keeper and I said the same thing you did when we saw the mess.
"thank God it was only one night!"

We welcome anyone who would like to stay at a guest house that is family owned/operated with clean, comfortable and casual rooms as staed on our web site.
Thank you!

Innkeeper
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Beiler's B&B. The room was comfortable and I slept well. The breakfast was great (both Barbie & Elam make great omelets) and the yogurt was awesome. The company at breakfast was enjoyable. Thank you to Elam for sharing. A wonderful family to be around. And as always I enjoyed my time in Amish country where I could slow down a bit and enjoy the hospitality of a wonderful culture. I will definitely be making a return trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you so much!:)
We do our best and it's so great when that is appreciated!
Pease come visit again, it's people like you that keep us going after 19 years!
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in the Victorian room which is at the front ofthe house on the highway which we knew - what wed i dnot know is that trucks run that highway all night long with a frequency of 3 or 4 per minute - all night!! The room itself was dark, had some burnt out lights and two towels were very dirty. Breakfast was ok although very tight when a few guests try to eat at the same time. We would not go back. The bed was confortable.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M
Hello and thanks for your review. I will attempt to address your concerns.

There's not much we can do about our location, but we do have quite a few rooms off the back of the house, away from the road. Our web site is pretty clear about which rooms are near the road. A way to know if you might be bothered by the noise is this.
If you are a light sleeper at home, this is probably not the room for you unless you want to wear ear plugs:)
People from the city think this room is quiet, which makes me smile because It's the closest room to the street.

I was pretty surprised that you thought the room was dark because it has high ceilings with three huge windows, has an overhead fan light with three bulbs and two table lamps.
We are happy to change out any bulbs that are out. A quick phone call is all that is needed. someone is always on hand or nearby.

The towels may have a slight stain but are never ever dirty. We are super careful about that, but sometimes even after bleaching, disinfecting and washing multible times, they are still stained. we do our best with what the guests leave for us to clean!
I'm sorry you thought our breakfast was just "ok"??
We always offer the following.
Juice, coffee/tea, my Amish Aunts homemade yogurt, with fresh fruit and granola, homemade breads or fresh waffels/pancakes, an egg dish or omelets (made to order if you are vegetarian)
and homemade pastry and oatmeal. That's around 6 courses if my counting abilities are in tact:)
We would love to hear your suggestions on this, all you care to eat buffet style breakfast to make it more outstanding.
We also offer a guest house only rate with whichever room you choose but without the breakfast/maid service for around $25.-$30. less on your nightly rate.
It's an economy driven plan to help with your budget.
Breakfast is also our time to answer any of your questions about our Amish/Mennonite heritage and about the area, it's charm and where to go that day, We have an off the beaten path itinerary you can use for free while here, as well as other day trip type info.
The breakfast porch is large enough for about 8-10 guests for each breakfast. We do have additional seating in our personal kitchen or outside in the garden patio by the hot tub bar or hammock where the umbrella tables are.
Thanks for mentioning the comfortable bed. That is one of my soap box things that are important to me when I go away, along with a clean and comfortable room, friendly helpful hosts and quiet little nooks to hide away for a bit. I also always look for a place with a kitchen which most of our rooms have.

As always we welcome back fun guests who just want to get away for a bit and enjoy Lancaster County Amish Country. We have been blessed by the many many return guests this year!

Innkeeper
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2012

A group of 7 friends and I stayed for 5 nights at Beilers. WOW what a wonderful experience We used 4 rooms during our stay. The rooms were so cute and comfortable, a perfect place for friends to just "hang out".
The breakfast that Barbie prepared each day was great, eggs with fresh herbs, homemade breads, fresh yogurt with granola and fresh fruits, bagels, homemade jam, waffles, oatmeal... just wonderful.
We loved the time Barbie took to spend with us each morning, sharing the culture and helping us plan our daily adventures. She and her family are amazing people. ( and Miss Maci puppy too).
We sure wish Colorado and Pennyslvania were closer together so we could visit Beilers more often.
Barbie, we are so ready to come back to your wonderful Bed and Breakfast. Thank you for making our vacation memorable.
Rose

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rose L
Come back anytime Rose!:)
You gals were fun and are most welcome!!
Glad you enjoyed our stories about our Amish/Mennonite back ground and we love to share about our favorite off the beaten path shops and stops.

Till next time!
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Owner Barbie Beiler is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. She is pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable, a great cook, and at your service whenever you need. She helped me so much to locate sites I was interested in, and even found an Amish Mennonite church for me to visit. (I know, term is a little contradictory, but the experience was memorable--uplifting and welcoming.)

My schedule didn't permit me to be there for breakfast every morning, so I just paid for one breakfast. It worked out well for me, plus saved a little money.

I stayed 10 nights, in two different rooms. First I was upstairs. The room was large, with 2 beds. I stayed there part of my visit, because some of the nights I'd be there were already reserved by someone else. There was direct access to a large kitchen. The other nights I stayed downstairs. The room had one bed and was smaller, but I appreciated not having to climb the stairs when returning late at night, or when doing laundry (conveniently located on first floor). There was a kitchen on the first floor, also, but I only used it once, to store the world's best ice cream from Lapp Valley Farm, in New Holland. I'd learned about the farm from an informative video about the area, which Barbie had for loan in the breakfast room. There were several books and videos available to use, but I only took time for that one.

The location was very convenient. It was close to stores and attractions, yet far enough away to enjoy being in a more rural, scenic area.

I am looking forward to another stay ASAP! This was so much nicer than staying in a hotel. If you check in on a Sunday, you get Thursday night free--such a deal.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 circle rating was a few minor inconveniences, such as the upstairs room having the bathroom outside in a hallway, and the downstairs room having a coat rack but no closet. These things were not that important to me, in exchange for a reasonable cost. However, I don't want to mislead someone by saying everything was excellent. The value was definitely 5 stars, the hostess was 10 stars. If you ever find such a nice place at such a good price, and the rooms are stellar--you are out in the boonies or else in a haunted house. This will now be my go-to residence in Amish Country. :-D

Room Tip: When I was in a downstairs room, it was right on Highway 30, Lincoln Highway. I am a good sleeper...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank AmeliaAirheart
Appreciate your kind review and look forward to seeing you again!
There are still a-lot of fun places you need to explore!:)
Although you stayed quite busy while here.
Till next time then!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a wonderful way to spend our vacation in PA! I have never been to an Inn where we are treated more like family than visitors! LOVED mornings on the porch with Barbie and her wonderful breakfasts and stories! We stayed at the beautifully appointed Green Room and appreciated the convenience of having a kitchen right next to the room. It helped us a lot to have a host who is so knowledgeable of the Amish culture and who guided us to all the right places for our visit. Our days were always full and our nights spent in great comfort at the Beiler's! Can not wait to go back!! Thank you Barbie, for everything you did for us! :) :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lshomh88
barbiebeiler, Owner at Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind comments!:)
It gives us great pleasure to help you have the best possible experiance in our beautiful Lancaster County!
Our policy is to treat others the way we want to be treated when we go away.
Looking forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse

Been to Beiler's Guest House Rooms & Suites? Share your experiences!