“Excellent Meal, Professional Service, Lovely Atmosphere”

San Nicola Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Paoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at SanNicola last evening. we had reservations and were seated promptly. Service was very professional - attentive without being intrusive or inappropriately chummy. The food was just what we were looking for. I had a meal of broiled scallops and shrimp that had a light olive oil/lemon juice dressing with herbs and a side of steamed vegetables. Everything was cooked to perfection. The scallops were sweet and tender. The shrimp large and flavorful. My husband had one of the evening specials - groupper. It was juicy and flavorful, topped with olives and capers in a marinara sauce. The dinner rolls were warm and fresh. And the server graciously doubled plated our single order of salad so that we could share it. The decor is attractive with scenes of Italy painted on the walls by the owner's wife. All in all, a great way to spend a Friday evening. We will be back.

1  Thank mathchef

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to lunch with friends and had a wonderful time and a delicious meal! The service was excellent! We will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank lehill7
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great little place with fantastic food. It's sister location in Berwyn is just as nice. Very romantic and the decor is beautiful. I will go back again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

...for my wife, was really nice. Quaint, very nice ambiance, excellent food, fresh, just a good experience. It is a bit pricy, though.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed January 31, 2013

San Nicola was a great find. Having had dinner in their first place in Berwyn ( and finding good food in a very noisy environment ) I was reluctant to go to their bigger restaurant. So when an opportunity presented itself for a second try I reluctantly gave in and went to the new place. I was pleasantly surprised!! Food was great, service wonderful, noise level manageable and prices affordable !!! Pasta entrees are ample ( enough for dinner with a nice left over lunch). Tira misu a perfect desert to split. if you are a BYO fan Sundays are without a corkage fee other days there is a $10.00 per bottle fee. You might like to take your own glasses if you are very particular .

1  Thank travelpatPhilaPA

Been to San Nicola Restaurant? Share your experiences!