“near enough to the fairground”

Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Reviewed April 28, 2014

this was a clean and comfortable hotel. It was low cost and in a more rural area. The only thing I did not like was the smell of room deodorizer when we first went in the room.. however I dislike that in Any hotel. The A/C was a little loud. The rooms were very large., Parking was adequate. It was about 10-15 minutes from the Fairgrounds in Lebanon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
abvi322, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not like the smell of room deodorizer when you first went in the room.. however we always use the branded commercial product that do not harm your health, but keep the room fresh. and thank you for liking our clean room. as we always keep our rooms nice,neat & clean fresh. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. we look forward to your next visit.

Americas Best Value Inn/Hershey.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

My flight was delayed until mid night into Newark. From Newark to my 7AM appointment was three hours and I did not want to pay rack rate for 2 hours in a hotel room but I needed some sleep. I called while sitting on the runway, asked them their availability of rooms, and told them what time I was coming. When I arrived the clerk was courteous and responsive when I asked for a discounted rate. I assured him that I would be out by 6:30am and we both were happy with the transaction. The bed was comfortable and that's all she wrote!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that we took care of you even after midnight. you were right, we open 7/24. I am pleased to hear that our front desk clerk was courteous and responsive. and I look forward to your next visit, hopefully with family and friends!

Americas Best value Inn/Hershey

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

People were very friendly. Rooms were super spacious and they kept them very clean. Free breakfast was a nice bonus ( continental style: some pastries, bananas, coffee, fresh waffles, etc ) The location was convenient to Hershey. It was a very good value.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jarod d
abvi322, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thanks for letting us know about your great experience during your recent stay with us. As you mentioned, we are now offering a hot waffle (Make Your On Way) in breakfast menu. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn/ Hershey.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The room was nice and clean. However the bathroom was not only small, the baseboard heater did not work at all, so the bathroom was quite cold.

We were there for a dog tournament that was about 5 minutes away, so the location was nice. However the continental breakfast left a lot to be desired. There were no lights on the one morning we went in and no one from the hotel was behind the desk to tell us how or where to turn the lights on. Also when we arrived in the evening on Fri, the outside lights by each door were off in our section, so I asked to have them turned on which the desk clerk did. However when we came back saturday night they were off again. We were two tired to ask to have them turned on again. Also we have dogs but they stay in our giant dodge sprinter complete with heat and a/c. I told the clerk the dogs would be staying in the van and yet he had to ask me every time i saw him If I had the dogs in the room . It was quite aggravating. He could see when we came in and out that no dogs ever entered or exited the room

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle S
abvi322, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our Clean Facility. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging. We are Very sorry to inform you , we do not allow pets .

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here recently for four nights and am pleased to write a good review. I found the owner and his family to be friendly and helpful, giving me directions to local eateries, etc. My room was clean and fresh-smelling, the bathroom facilities clean and small but adequate to my needs, the bed clean and comfortable. The price charged was very reasonable for a good, basic motel with free parking and convenient location. If I were to be in this area again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jonjimish

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and had many amenities. Rooms were quiet. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was a bit small. Breakfast area was small. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeble about area attractions. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable. The staff was helpful and very polite. Would Stay Again.
Thank You Hershey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 716sss

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations.We look forward to your return.

Regards
Americas Best Value Inn,Palmyra.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a pretty good stay here. Its a 24 hour desk and that was nice. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only problem we had was the shower. The shower head only had about a third of the water coming out of it. We told the guy but we couldnt get a new room. Besides that, the guy was very friendly and we might stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
abvi322, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Americas Best Value Inn-Palmyra PA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!