“Not at all worth the money”

Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not at all worth the money”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I attended a conference at the nearby Lebanon Valley College, and I spent two nights here.
I'm not terribly picky. I just want clean, comfortable, and quiet. Nothing fancy. Well, not only was this not fancy, it was not even adequate. I had to kill several bugs, including a HUGE spider that was crawling over the bedsheets my second night there. They must've gotten in through the door, because there was a huge space between the door and the doorframe, letting bugs, light, and sound into the room.
The tiny, scratchy bath towels stunk terribly - they smelled like they had been put away damp and left in some box in a basement for 5 years. I didn't even want to rub their stank on my body.
I was attending a conference, so I had hoped to iron a shirt. No luck. There was no iron or ironing board.
The water pressure and temperature fluctuated wildly. One moment it would be hot and strong, the next it would be freezing cold, then it would warm back up and slow down to a trickle. Absolutely horrible shower.
Oh, and the second day they deactivated my key cards, so I had to go get them re-activated. Not a big deal, but just another slight annoyance when you have armfuls of stuff you're trying to take into your room.
If this place was $50/night, I MIGHT think it was worth it. With nasty towels, big bugs, terrible shower, no ironing board - it's DEFINITELY not worth the price they charge.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the west side of the building, if you must stay. You'll have screaming people...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

WOW. You get what you pay for with this one. Yes, the price is great, but the housekeeping staff walked right into our room TWICE and argued with me when I confronted the woman in the office. My husband gave a member of the staff a tip to bring some soap (since there was none in the room) and he never came back. Expect to go to the office any time you need something- poor service for sure.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

America's Best Value Inn, in Palmyra, PA is awesome. I spent Memorial Day weekend 2013 there with my entire family. It's located right in the middle of all the main attractions we wanted to visit and conveniently located right next to a gas station. The rooms are clean, the staff is always available and always accommodating and extremely attentive. Breakfast and coffee is available every morning and the scenery is amazing. Grass is clean cut, and ground is well kept enough for my one year old to run around on. This is our 3rd year staying here and this is definitely my go to place whenever I'm in PA. Definitely recommend this Inn to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: Any room here you'll be happy with.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2013

During my trip to central Pennsylvania I thoroughly enjoyed my accomadations. The customer service at the front desk was very friendly and informative. They gave great information about the area and direction throughout the area. I really appreciated the customer service. The hotel room was clean and quiet. There was plenty of parking. It made for a good trip.

Room Tip: I was in a no smoking room I think it made a difference
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

when i arrived on the date of my reservation, Vijay the manager greeted me by name.
the room was neat and tidy and everything worked well. i had a good stay over several days. i wish all of my traveling experiences were this good.
Vijay and his staff do a fine job.
the other people in my group made a mistake and stayed at other places. they wished they had made their reservations with me at Americas Best Inn. they regretted their other hotels, while i told them all to use this one next time. i not only recommend Americas Best and Vijay, i already did to all of my group who flew in.

Room Tip: it is a quiet neigborhood, all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Flushing, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean. It was at a quiet location and the price was very reasonable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had stayed at this motel the sametime last year and decided to stay there again this year. It had all the basics needed for a nights stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here on April 5th & 6th 2013. We found the room to be very spacious & clean. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast area was small but sufficient. The room had a decent size mini-refrigerator and microwave which helps keep restaraunt expeneses down. The bathroom wasn't huge but was definately adaquete. If you are looking for 4-star accomodations, this will not be the place for you. If you are looking for a nice and clean hotel with friendly staff and a good location, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jason d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
White Rose Motel
White Rose Motel
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!