“Embarrassing!”
Review of Babe's Grill House

Babe's Grill House
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Palmyra
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Embarrassing!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We took my brother in law for a bite to eat and a beer. First, his beer was served in a cracked glass . The crack ran down the entire length of the glass. The food was disappointing. The fries were cold. And the veggie wrap consisted of 98% lettuce with a couple small pieces of tomato. Subway makes a better sandwich. We did tell the bartender about the fries and he offered to bring us new fries or chips . My brother in law had the pork . No roll or salad. Over priced and disappointing food. It was embarrassing to bring a guest from out of town to Babe 's . I doubt I 'll be back for food and I 'll never bring an out of town guest here again . We had such hopes for Babe's .

BabesOwner, Owner at Babe's Grill House, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal at BABE's. In our Summer Veggie Wrap there are no tomatoes but you could have asked and we would have put some in for you. It has arugula, zucchini, red and yellow peppers, red onion, yellow squash, and saffron aioli. Please let me know next time you come in so we can help you with your VEGAN DIET. 717-838-8200. I have dietary needs also, so I understand the difficulties of dining out. In regards to the beer you were served, we offer frosted glasses, and unfortunately at times one may crack due to extreme temperature change. You can always ask for a regular pint glass that isn't frozen. We did get you a fresh beer and apologized. I'm glad to hear SUBWAY offers local fresh produce. That is what BABE's does. I hope you come back. Please ask for myself, David and I will help you with your needs.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Nice and cozy”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place really does offer personal service in an intimate atmosphere. Many rooms make it seem like you are dining in an exclusive restaurant without the exclusive prices. The menu is really nice with a ncie spin on regular items like burgers and such. Good beer and drink selections!

• Visited September 2013
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
“New Favorite Spot”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have driven past this place and watched the signs change as restaurants quickly flowed through. But we decided to try Babe's because we had heard good things. And all those good things were right! I have been there multiple times now and each time, it is a great experience. The food is always well prepared, the menu is small but there is something for everyone (although I'd love a standard salad on the menu) and the specials are interesting. The bar selection is great and the servers are knowledgeable and able to give good suggestions. I LOVE the outdoor patio and hope they keep it open as much as they can through the "winter" with the fires/heaters.We went exploring through the property on our last visit and I think the kid area on the 2nd floor is a GREAT idea!

I highly recommend this place and I will definitely continue to be a frequent customer!

• Visited October 2013
thepennhotel
“Business Lunch”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stopped in to have lunch with a client. We had eaten here under the previous ownership and where underwhelmed. I was pleased to see the new owners have really spruced up the place. It was very clean and well decorated. The menu was easy to understand and priced reasonably for the area. The service and food was prompt. Everyone seemed happy to be there. The food was good. Am excited to bring my wife back for dinner one night soon I hope. I just hope people don't confuse Babe's with the previous establishment. There's been a huge improvement. It seems like a place for every occasion. I can see bringing our family with little ones here or just some adults for a night out. Well done guys!

• Visited September 2013
Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
“Family Friendly”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Looking for a place to take 6 adults and a child for lunch, someone suggested Babe's. Easy to find, with parking in the back. The owner greeted us in the parking lot, and later came upstairs to see if there was anything he could do for us. The owner's wife greeted us inside, and suggested that we sit upstairs where there is a children's room. The child with us (as well as the adults) were excited by the room, which included child-sized furniture including a picnic table, and activities. Their children's menu had fun foods, and healthy sides.
The only appetizer we ordered was the hummus, which came with pita and celery. It was a bit flavorless, but it was a large portion.
Our party ordered a crab cake sandwich, a pulled pork sandwich, a buffalo chicken wrap, and a spring vegetable salad. The food came out hot and with the correct sides. The server was attentive, filling glasses as needed, and bringing boxes for our leftovers. We stayed for quite a while after finishing our meal, and the server continued to check on us to see if we needed anything.
We are looking forward to returning to try their dinners.

• Visited October 2013