“A Nice Family Owned Restaurant”

Hometown Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Palmyra
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We eat here weekly for lunch and find it a pleasant family owned and operated restaurant. The food is hearty and plentiful. The restaurant staff is very accommodating.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place has trhe best old fashioned vegetable soup. Plus they have great breakfast and even offer homemade sausage patties. During the week they have an all you can eat soup and salad bar and on the weekend offer and all you can eat dinner bar. Everything is always hot and delicious.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hometown Family Restaurant is a large, beautifully decorated, local restaurant. Haven't been here to eat in years but the family decided to try it on a whim Saturday evening. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. There was a small all-you-can-eat buffet set up at the far end of the restaurant. While we typically steer clear of buffets, it looked good, and when you compare the price of the buffet to the meals, it was a no-brainer. Were we mistaken! The odd part of the buffet was that you get two choices of side dishes from the menu in addition to the buffet. Not sure I understand why they do this when the buffet had three veggies plus filling already on it. You can't take the buffet food home, but we did take our side dishes home -- no reason to eat them when you had the rest of the buffet to eat. Buffet choices were fried fish, fried shrimp, roast beef, turkey, fried chicken, sausage, perogies, veggies, chili, chicken ala king, spinach noodles, etc. While the food was hot and looked good, it was bland, tasteless, and frankly not very good. It was the most disappointing buffet I've ever had, and frankly, the most disappointing restaurant food I think I've ever eaten! The fried chicken did taste good and the shrimp were okay (the ones that weren't overcooked), otherwise, the ONLY thing that was good was the choice of desserts (their desserts are wonderful!). Even our two children didn't like it much either. Not sure if this buffet food is indicative of their menu food, but I certainly hope not! Most disappointing meal and I would think long and hard before ever going back.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Traveling thru on Rt 422 after visiting Lebanon County Museum. Outside appearance caught our eye as very favorable and ample parking a plus. Greeting was warm, seating in a neat, clean,
bright atmosphere. Our server Thomas was there in a minute and did a great job throughout serving. The food was very good with more than enough to eat. We shared a luscious dessert.
Noticed a steady flow of diners in and out at 2PM. Would definitely recommend !

Reviewed November 6, 2012

When your mother reaches a milestone birthday, you take her to eat wherever she wants. My mother wanted to go to Hometown Family Restaurant.

With its offer of "all-you-can-eat Henny Penny Chicken", my husband and I were skeptical...but gladly took her there.

The restaurant is homey, very clean, and kitchy, with an amazing display of deli items and bakery items in the lobby area. The menu offers local cuisine, including cucumber and onions in what looked like a buttermilk base (maybe mayo and vinegar?). My husband spotted liver on the menu - something that has never been made in our kitchen. He ordered and approved!

As a sweet gesture, the waitress (who was very efficient, attentive and friendly) brought my mother a slice of cake with a candle. It was greatly appreciated by my mother.

So - it is what it is, but it's very good at being what it is - a hometown family restaurant.