“Quick bite before we got on the Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Funck's Restaurant

Funck's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Palmyra
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Funck's Restaurant is a great place for everyone in the family to get together for a great meal and drinks. Funck's friendly staff goes all out to ensure your dining experience is the best. Whether stopping in for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Funck's has a wide selection of menu options your sure to love, from a full breakfast menu to wraps, burgers, salads, and homemade soups for lunch to a creative selection of dinner entrees. Funck's restaurants began in 1969 and still serve traditional favorites that include steaks, fried chicken, and fresh burgers, but they also continue to add many new options such as their turkey pretzel melt sandwich, baked tomato crock, grilled lemon-asparagus tilapia, and stuffed meatloaf dinner. After your finished enjoying your dinner, be sure not to miss out on the great selection of homemade desserts!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Quick bite before we got on the Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Hungrily we stopped by for a quick bite. The service was excellent, the food was OK and the price was great!! It was located very close to Hershey so that it was convenient. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the sports on the flat screen provided entertainment while we dined. I would repeat this meal in the future.

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Dinner at Funck's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Funck's has been long known in the community as a place for the older crowd in the community. Very plain, simple food, but nothing exciting. I was there once years ago and was not impressed, so we never went back. However, last year they completed a renovation and added a bar area with a ton of beers on tap. So we decided to give it a try again after several friends recommended it. I'd have to say its a 100% improvement from what it was before. I recommend sitting in the bar area and trying one of their many beers on tap. The beer can be a bit pricey, but its worth it to try some different things. If you are looking for cheap beer specials I'm doubting this is the place for you. But I love the variety of beers, so I am willing to pay more. The food is improved as well. Reasonably priced, good food. Overall I really like the new atmosphere and bar area. Recommend for a night out with the wife, or family.

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“First and last experience unless drastically changed for the better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Being a local and not visiting Funck's they revamped the restaurant I was invited to go there for a birthday occasion. I anxiously agreed and attended with my wife and grandson and girl friend on a Thursday evening. The premises were mostly filled with customers. At the outset I noticed the acoustics within the bar area were extremely annoying with the various sounds bouncing off the walls, etc. Quite annoying. Our waiter approached and we ordered drinks which was satisfactory. Afterwards, we ordered our dinners and I and my grandson ordered sirloin steaks which were priced at $5.00 off as their Thursday special. My dinner was served with roasted cauliflower and bacon along with a baked potato.. The steak was a horrible low grade piece which contained fat, grissle and so tough you could hardly manage to cut it. No flavor unless you dumped A1 sauce on it with salt and pepper. I struggled though half of it and gave up to take the balance home in a doggie bag to give to my dog. The roasted cauliflower with bacon turned out to be a side that was not properly cooked, cold and bacon bits splashed over it. The baked potato was acceptable since it is an easy prep in a microwave. My grandson concurred with me about the quality of the steak since he had to trim half it away with fat. My wife who orders lobster bisque at every restaurant she gets it said the bisque was no where close in quality compared to other places. She would never order it again. In conclusion my first experience at Funck's was a complete disappointment and they do not have to fear from me a scathing denunciation of their offerings. Oh yes, the beer was good probably due to it being purchased from a distributor.

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Decent food and expensive beer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Went for "Happy Hour" when beer was supposedly $2 off.
The food was so-so. Fries were cold and a little limp, burger bland and dry.
The service was adequate but nothing special.
The beer prices were a little eye-popping. ($8 for a small glass of a fairly run of the mill craft beer).
Will not go back.

Madison, South Dakota
“Great beers on tap! Philly cheesesteak excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

They have a huge selection of micro beers, and happy hour is $2 off. Loved the listing with good descriptions of each beer (taste, alcohol content, bitterness value, rating)...however, one critical component missing from the list is the price! Some of these beers (particularly the high alcohol content like 18%) are over $10. Had the early bird dinner...husband loved the philly cheesesteak which was outstanding, I had all-u-can_eat soup and salad, tried both the corn chowder and lobster bisque, both were good at the $5 price.