“Wonderful Evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Anguilla
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was our first visit to Lazzaro's and will not be our last. Everything was wonderful from the delicious food and ambiance to Carmen (St. Carmen) and Theresa (Mother Theresa). Truly a great evening and the personalities made it even more wonderful. Cannot wait to return!!

• Visited February 2014

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“A. Local Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

What a great local restaurant find. The owners are hands-on folks --so expect them to stop by your table to answer menu questions as well as the history of their location.
This is a BYOB restaurant with no corkage fee. The warm bread is meant to be dipped into a special home-made oil concoction. Wow!
They have a luncheon menu -- but allow you to order off the dinner menu if you so desire. Expect Italian dish selections -- which even those around us expressed their delight in the full rich flavor.
A definite return is in store for us.

Visited February 2014
Hershey, PA
“Our new neighborhood favorite.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have you ever thought it'd be nice to have an authentically local / hometown restaurant that was so all-around nice that you could adopt it as your "regular place"; a place where the staff would recognize you and where you'd order your "regular?"

Well, Lazzaro's Bistro in Palmyra, PA is as local as it gets, and it's our new "regular place." We hope that the staff will soon recognize us and be happy to see us coming back, BUT I can't imagine that we will never order our "regular" at Lazzaro's. Why? The menu is extensive, and each entree we've tasted thus far was as good as the others we've sampled, so this is a place where we'll eventually have tried nearly everything on the menu, at least once, and most likely will repeat order our 5 or 6 favorites.

The FOOD:
I'm not an eggplant fan. Actually, I loathe eggplant, but friends convinced me to taste their eggplant parmesan, and the eggplant rollitini. I will order it on my own next time; it was firm not mushy, and delicately flavored rather than being overpowered by the sauce. In short, it was delicious. My crab topped tilapia was served with risotto and fresh asparagus and it was beautifully presented, tasted as least as good as my own, and was worthy of being served at the Circular Dining room at the Hotel Hershey (I don't write this lightly, my husband and I are semi-regulars at the Circular Dining room.)

The bread was worth the calories. My personal rule is that I don't eat bread unless it's good enough to eat withOUT butter or oil. Their bread is most definitely able to fit my rule. It was quite nice that we could see the desserts in the bakery case in the lobby.

Even though we've never saved room for dessert, we've always gone home with a bakery box and have never been disappointed. They had all the usuals, but they also had panna cotta and sfogliatelle … very nice.

The SERVICE: The wait staff was cordial, though not intrusive, and was responsive. They were quite happy to help us with our BYOB needs.

The ATMOSPHERE: This is a cozy, clean, neighborhood restaurant that reminds me of Ralph's in the Italian Market, in Philadelphia, or Ragnacci's in Dunmore, PA. You'll be surrounded by sounds of happy conversation, but it never gets uncomfortably loud so that it interferes with your own conversation. Lazzarro's is suitable for a family or for business associates.

The PRICES: The prices are reasonable, especially considering the quality. You pay about what you'd pay at the national chains, but your food is prepared by the cook, it's not prepackaged, preportioned food, made from an industrial recipe that is merely heated and served.

Call ahead seating for groups of ten or more.

Take out.

Open Tuesday though Sunday 11a.m. to 10 p.m.

This is one of those restaurants where one can imagine achieving "Norm Peterson" status.

1 Thank Nancy R
PA
“Top of the Line Italian in Palmyra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Extremely good authentic italian food in a very relaxing atmosphere. Not too big and not too small - very nice decor. Service is great and the owner/chef takes pride in the food and presentation. Parking is on North Railroad Street about a block from the Palmyra square. We have been there often and it is almost always full. Be ready to leave - full!

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Very Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a real family business and they are proud of their food and restaurant. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to everyone. it is BYOB and they provide your glasses and do not charge a fee for you to open your own bottle. unbelievable Tiramisu and cannoli. Full coffee bar/espresso etc. Superb Pizza-best I have ever had. Chicken masala was fantastic. Gorgeous and tasty antipasto. HOME MADE BREAD,SALAD DRESSING AND DIPPING OIL.
Prices for every wallet.