“Wow :)”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Love the panini's !! Love that its not just another pizza shop!! Stands out above the rest. They carry a lot of gluten free items that tastes as good as the the gluten based meals. It's byob which I like !!

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Seated right away. Our waitress was very pleasant. I ordered the three cheese ravioli, my daughter ordered the fettechini and my son a pizza. The pasta is not homemade so it tasted just ok. The pizza was really good. You can see the kitchen tossing the fresh dough and create the pizza you order. It is byob and many of the customer did so. I'm a little unsure about the atmosphere. It is a very nice bistro, but it doesn't have much if an Italian flare, except for a few pictures of Italy on the wall. Seems more like a French style bistro that serves Italian flavored food.

1  Thank MillersChild
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I live in Palmyra and have been driving by Lazzaro's Italian Bistro and have noticed how busy it is. We had friends who had dinner there and did not have a good experience, but we wanted to try it for ourself. We are so glad we did! Last night we went in for dinner and we loved it. The restaurant is small but decorated in warm inviting colors. They had music playing over the loud speaker that was fun and the atmosphere was relaxed and warm. The waitress was wonderful, I wish I could remember her name. She was very attentive and gave us wonderful service. We started with the fried calamari and it was delish! The calamari was crunchy and fresh and the accompanying marinara sauce was just as good. I ordered a steak dinner that consisted of a delmonico steak with broccali rabe and polenta, which was also served with a side salad. My steak was cooked perfectly and even though the waitress brough A1 to the table, it didn't need it. The steak was seasoned wonderfully and had great flavors of rosemarry and garlic. The broccali rabe was not my favorite, but the polenta was great. My husband had the veal marsala which was AMAZING!!! I kept eating off his plate! Each meal came with either a soup or side salad. My husband had their tomatoe bisque that was covered in fresh parm and I had a simple side salad. I need to make a point about their bread! It is heaven. Straight from the oven and soft and chewy. I could have just ate the bread the entire night. We finally ended our meal with cappochinos (sp?) and dessert. My husband had their limoncello and raspberry cake and I had the tiramisu. My husband again chose the best dessert and the cake was moist and very flavorful. My tiramisu was good, but not the best I've had. Our total bill was $90 (including a gernous tip that was well deserved), which can be a little pricy for just a dinner for two, but we indulged and it was very much worth it. We wound up staying for almost two hours enjoying the food and talking. It was wonderful. I highly recommended this restarurant!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been to Lazzaro's numberous times and it is always a wonderful experience. Though some of the food is a little pricey it is quite tasty. I understand that some reviewers have made negative comments about the plastic tableclothes over the regular ones but I see no problem with this. This restaurant is not "fine dining" and if you think it should be then you are mistaken. It is a nice hometown restaurant with a little pizzazz. The servers have always been attentive and answered any questions we had. The owners are very friendly. On our recent trip, there were 8 of us. Though it did take a little while for all of our food to come out, note there were 8 of us, t was excellent. One of our party members is Gluten Free and she was able to get bread and pizza that she thought were great. The gnocchi and raviloi are always winners with us.
I recommend that anyone should try this place for either dine in or take out if they are looking for good italian food in the area. This is the only place I can get a NY style pizza and not have to tell them to make it crispy.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I got cheese steaks and I must say they were the worst cheese steaks we ever had. One piece of thin as tissue paper meat and for some reason they put fennel on my moms sandwich. Not worth the money at all. It's a place for people who don't know good food. My family and I are Italian so we know good Italian food and this is far from good Italian food. The absolute worst. Would rather have Mcdonalds. NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Chrismhry