“Very nice hotel for the money!”

Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Reviewed November 19, 2012

When I checked in the receptionist, owner and his wife all happened to be there. They were all friendly and the room was nice. The internet worked well. (Some hotels have internet but it doesn't always work well!) We got a nice, restful sleep and it is close enough to the Hershey Chocolate Park.

Room Tip: I would go back to this place!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After staying in this hotel for few days, and after living with so many flies in the same room, I realized how bad this Hotel is. The hospitality also flied when good customer service was not apreciated by the staff. The room reserved wasn't the room offered by the Hotel. After complaining I was told to go look for another Hotel. After further complaining, I was given the room I reserved, but it was old, filthy, and full of flies. I would not recommand this Hotel, even though the price is good for the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hassan N
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Some people are looking for an inexpensive place to stay. The average person does not have money to burn these days. Still, I think it is possible to find a place that's within a reasonable price range that is also comfortable and enjoyable. As soon as you walk into the room, the walls are "white" and dirty while the bed sheets are as loud as they possibly can be. Nothing in the place matches, and that ruins the atmosphere.

The air conditioner is old and loud. The refrigerator even makes noises after awhile. The bathroom is tight, and the smell of our room in particular was musty and actually reminded me of urine. The bed was just plain rough, not comfortable at all. I fortunately brought my own pillow, so I slept with my head on the table next to the window. It was only for one night.

Yes, this place is inexpensive, but at the end of the day, value doesn't mean anything if you don't enjoy what you paid for. I wouldn't have chosen this place to begin with without researching first. Needless to say, it wasn't my choice.

1  Thank BlueJay87
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I never feel the need or thought I would have to ever rebutt a complaint of a fellow travler. I happened to have stayed at this hotel on the week of June 10, 2012 and was witness to the verbal complaints of a stayer at the lodge. There was a physical atleration at the hands of the travler. I also was aware there were too many kids that the parents had little to no contorl over. The kids were very roudy and not respectful of the property. To add common sense to this issue, if you only wish to spend small amounts of dollars on a stay you can not expect the Ritz. This establishment is well cared for and is nice for what you are paying. If you want more....common sense....go pay more, elsewhere. I would in deed share this place with others. The staff are very nice ans will do all they can to help you enjoy your stay.

3  Thank Angela C
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had come up in order to visit friends, and I needed to stay an extra night. I looked around and found and found this to be the best value, and it was. The room was clean along with the property. The service was helpful, and the complementary coffee was nice also. If I ever need to come up again, I will most likely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BillWan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I travel a lot on business and was in need of a place to stay on June 10, 2012 having driven long hours. I pulled into this hotel/motel just outside of Hersey, PA. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and respectful. Rooms had fair accommodations for the price. Bathroom was very clean and well equipped with typical sundries. Although not a full breakfast offering, one would not expect that for the price of the rooms so the continental breakfast offering is a fair value. Only disagreeable aspect was not really the management's fault was some rowdy youth baseball players and their parents. I found them leaving radios and TVs on when not there which I find annoying and chalk this up to exuberant youths and irresponsible parents. Having stayed often in Hiltons, Ritz-Carltons, Intercontinental/Crown Plazas brands, and similar hotels on my many business travels, I have much experience at assessing value for a dollar and this motel/hotel is good value for the money and worth your consideration if in the Palmyra/Hersey area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the corner areas as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I also have never written about a hotel but needed to with this one. We just came back from our stay their on June 10 2012. We had come to realize that while we were gone for diner the owners had been in and out of the rooms, shutting off the air, lights, and tvs. We were there for our sons baseball tournament, had an early game on Sunday came back before our check out at 11 am to find that again they were in the rooms shutting everything off again. We approached the owners asking why they would do this and were told they can do what they want, I told them unless you are doing housekeeping which they were not they shouldnt be in and out with our items in the rooms. They were crazy. I called corporate and the credit card to dispute the room charges. We have vacationed many times over the years and my son has played travel ball since 10 he is 15 and never experienced anything like this. Another parent had the police called on them that day stating that she hit the owner which she never ever touched her, cops came and had numerous calls on this hotel and its the same story the owners are nuts. Sleep in your car first. Newly renovated with furniture from 1972, stay away.

2  Thank tawnie p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Travelodge Hershey
Travelodge Hershey
#15 of 25 in Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 8 in Grantville
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Econo Lodge Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
#13 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!