“respond complaint”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Palmyra
Biloxi, Mississippi
“respond complaint”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I never feel the need or thought I would have to ever rebutt a complaint of a fellow travler. I happened to have stayed at this hotel on the week of June 10, 2012 and was witness to the verbal complaints of a stayer at the lodge. There was a physical atleration at the hands of the travler. I also was aware there were too many kids that the parents had little to no contorl over. The kids were very roudy and not respectful of the property. To add common sense to this issue, if you only wish to spend small amounts of dollars on a stay you can not expect the Ritz. This establishment is well cared for and is nice for what you are paying. If you want more....common sense....go pay more, elsewhere. I would in deed share this place with others. The staff are very nice ans will do all they can to help you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Angela C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Frankfort
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had come up in order to visit friends, and I needed to stay an extra night. I looked around and found and found this to be the best value, and it was. The room was clean along with the property. The service was helpful, and the complementary coffee was nice also. If I ever need to come up again, I will most likely stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BillWan
Gulf Coast States, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I travel a lot on business and was in need of a place to stay on June 10, 2012 having driven long hours. I pulled into this hotel/motel just outside of Hersey, PA. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and respectful. Rooms had fair accommodations for the price. Bathroom was very clean and well equipped with typical sundries. Although not a full breakfast offering, one would not expect that for the price of the rooms so the continental breakfast offering is a fair value. Only disagreeable aspect was not really the management's fault was some rowdy youth baseball players and their parents. I found them leaving radios and TVs on when not there which I find annoying and chalk this up to exuberant youths and irresponsible parents. Having stayed often in Hiltons, Ritz-Carltons, Intercontinental/Crown Plazas brands, and similar hotels on my many business travels, I have much experience at assessing value for a dollar and this motel/hotel is good value for the money and worth your consideration if in the Palmyra/Hersey area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the corner areas as they are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I also have never written about a hotel but needed to with this one. We just came back from our stay their on June 10 2012. We had come to realize that while we were gone for diner the owners had been in and out of the rooms, shutting off the air, lights, and tvs. We were there for our sons baseball tournament, had an early game on Sunday came back before our check out at 11 am to find that again they were in the rooms shutting everything off again. We approached the owners asking why they would do this and were told they can do what they want, I told them unless you are doing housekeeping which they were not they shouldnt be in and out with our items in the rooms. They were crazy. I called corporate and the credit card to dispute the room charges. We have vacationed many times over the years and my son has played travel ball since 10 he is 15 and never experienced anything like this. Another parent had the police called on them that day stating that she hit the owner which she never ever touched her, cops came and had numerous calls on this hotel and its the same story the owners are nuts. Sleep in your car first. Newly renovated with furniture from 1972, stay away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tawnie p

Travelers are raving about these Palmyra hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 27, 2011

At 11:00 am the clerk called my room to tell me it was check out time. I told her I had lost track of the time and would be checking out shortly, and asked for an extra hr. She told me if I didn't check out within 5 minutes I would be charged extra. I told her I never had experienced that before and she replied if didn't pay the extra $10 she would call the police. I told her to go ahead. Within a minute the male Manager banged loudly, certainly not a knock, on my door and told me to leave that moment or he was calling the police. I told him to go ahead. Note, I had prepaid for my 2 nights so there were no outstanding charges, and I'm a Wyndham Rewards member. As I got out of the shower the police knocked on my door. I explained what was happening and I was leaving within a few minutes. He wished me a good day and left. I was in my car and out of the parking lot at 11:33. The people in charge that day are clearly mad and have no reason to be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank PRgolfer
New Berlin
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I knew going into this stay that some pretty nasty things had been said about this hotel but decided to go for the great value and try it once. Not again. We're all about cheap hotels since we spend most of our time at the pool or in this case, Hershey Park but the line gets drawn when the place isn't clean.
The manager was very friendly and agreed to move us to another part of the hotel quickly to be next to a friend of ours. Upon entering the room, there was a funky smell but everything seemed to be clean. The bathroom was very clean too. The main problem of why we won't stay again was the ant problem. They weren't everywhere but just seeing a few here and there was too much for us. Hopefully this was just a problem with our room but you never know. The other downfall worth mentioning is the skimpy free breakfast. It's very very small and in the picture it looks like there is some selection but there really isn't. You will need to do something else for breakfast. Overall, you get what you pay for but this was just too cheap and really put a damper on our vacation. One last thing...the pool was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 4blessings
Mount Airy, MD
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We are not that fussy, trust me. And I rarely go to the trouble of writing a review, especially given how nice and helpful the staff was.

But the truth is there was a lot wrong with this hotel. First off Palymra is a dump, I would strongly suggest you stay at the many equally priced motels in Hershey. Second the heat never came on, we were forced to use a space heater that made us nervous, those things are dangerous if left on all night. Twice, at 3 AM and then again at 5:30 pipes or forced air or whatever woke us up, sounded like a train was coming through the room (#210). In addition the ice machine does not work until it's over 65 degrees outside. The guy at the desk was nice enough to give us some ice from his personal trays but still. The continental breakfast looked like it was cerial, maybe some waffle type of machine. No danish or fruit to be seen.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveinMD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmyra
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
White Rose Motel
White Rose Motel
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey? Share your experiences!