“Your standard sandwich shop food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bert's Steakhouse & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Palmerton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“Your standard sandwich shop food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bert's is probably best known for the steak sandwiches, but they have a large variety of sandwiches and entrees to choose from. The restaurant is decorated similiar to an old style soda shop.

Visited November 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was pleased with the waitress's friendly attitude and the quality of the food. Its exactly what I was looking for from a "diner" type establishment. I did not get to try the breakfast, as I came for lunch, but am very excited to try the stuffed french toast. I have read some reviews on here and it seems there is a trend that some posters give poor reviews to small town restaurants (even when they live there!). I support the small town of Palmerton and the business there. LOVE THE CHEESESTEAK AND FRIES, for under 7 bucks too!!!

• Visited October 2013
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“Worst dining experience of my life!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a Brunette and I found two individual strands of BLOND hair in my boyfriend's food at Bert's "restaurant" in Palmerton. These hairs were at least 4 inches long!!
After nicely and quietly making our waitress aware of it, I didn't ask for the meal for free I only asked for my boyfriend's meal to be discounted. She only took $1 off of our bill!!
I asked to speak to a manager and the manger yelled at me in front of a room full of customers that she was working in a 120 degree kitchen and that she was TOO BUSY to do anything about it and that it was a "fuzz". She then said that the hairs were mine!!
There were TWO INDIVIDUAL BLONDE HAIRS IN MY BOYFRIEND'S FOOD!!! My hair is not even close to blonde!
The manager took over half of our meal that we had not eaten because we had both lost our appetites and I was forced to pay for the entire meal!! No discount at all!!!
I PAYED FOR THE ENTIRE MEAL AFTER THE MANAGER THREATENED TO CALL THE COPS!!
I'm a regular there (well, not after today) and I always pay for my food and tip well. I have even payed for the meals of elderly folks that I see dining alone.
Safe to say we won't be going back!!
The most rude and unprofessional service I have ever had in my life!!
As a former waitress I know that things sometimes end up in food by accident that which is why I tried to be as quiet about it as possible when I told our waitress. I didn't even ask for the meal for free I only asked for my boyfriend's meal to be discounted!!
She took a dollar off!!
There were two hairs which weren't even the same color as mine.
The manager/owner was very rude and unprofessional towards my boyfriend and I and was trying to make me out to be a liar saying that the hairs were mine!!
Most humiliating and degrading dining experience of my life!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Hannah H
Berts416, Manager at Bert's Steakhouse & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
The incident at Bert's on Sunday morning wasn't exactly as stated. Yes, I am the manager and we were very, very busy that day, and it was extremely hot in the kitchen. I had told the server that it looked like a piece of fuzz to me. The server said it could have been from her and she explained that to the customer. A discount of $3.30 was taken at the register, not a dollar and I tried to explain that to her. We are complimented continually for having an extremely clean restaurant. I'm sorry that out of all the hundreds of satisfied customers that we served that day, one writes about a bad experience. But that is usually the way it works on the internet. I was thankful for her business and sorry she wasn't satisfied.
Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice country Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went here many times over the years. Great country style breakfast at a good price. Nothing fancy here but you get your money's worth. Great milk shakes too!

Visited April 2013
“More than just your typical diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

They have many diner staples for sure, but they also have their fair share of items that stand above the rest! 1st of all- the desserts!! The homemade pies & cakes are the best around... just like Mom makes (well my mom). Not many places actually bake their own pies... I mean made from scratch, down to rolling out the dough. Aside from that, the cheesesteaks & fresh cut fries have always been a favorite of mine. For breakfast, I love the pancakes!! I don't know what it is about them, but they never taste as good anywhere else. Try the coconut pancakes or banana cakes with vanilla sauce- soo yummy!! I wait all week to splurge on these!

• Visited March 2013