“Good to consistently horrible”
Review of Covered Bridge Inn

Covered Bridge Inn
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Palmerton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Before the kitchen was closed for a remodel food was consistently good and we would drive 45 minutes from home to eat here. Now after the kitchen has reopened we have been there about 6 times. Every time we have been there the food was either sub-par or the cook didn't read the ticket right and we did not receive the correct order. Now after visiting there tonight to receive uncaring service and horrible food I am done giving this place a chance to get its act together, I hate to say it but this place is no longer worth it.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We really enjoy going to the CBI early on Tuesday evenings. Two-for-one beers, and tacos on special. Good food and drink at bargain prices.

1  Thank cookbook366
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The service was terribly slow. I ordered the Filet Mignon rare. What I recieved was a spoiled piece of beef which smelled of rotten flesh. The chef told the waitress to explain to me that is was prepared today. I said I dont care the meat is spoiled. I was askes if I would like something else which I refused an asked for the bill. On the bill was a charge of 4.99 which was explained to me that it was my salad. I said I ate a piece of that meat that was spoiled and your gonna charge me for the salad that came wIth the meal. Yes the waitress saod an apologized. Well if I wind up in the hospital tonight it is going to cost the restaurant a lot more than 4.99. I will never return there ever again... Happy Birthday to me!

2  Thank tuffsteel100
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We live nearby and went for my birthday and the service was not that great. One waitress was eating food while she served her guests. It just seemed disorganized.Got charged for sauce & onions on a cheese-steak! Waited almost a half hour to get our bill paid and it wasn't even that busy. I would rethink eating here anytime soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Let me say that in all fairness we had been to CBI a few times prior to this last time and each time the food was great. We know they change cooks and let me tell you the new one does not hold a candle to the previous. First they changed the menu, but really they only took off some of the best items, we ordered cheese fries to start and they were flavorless and rubbery. I ordered crab cakes and my husband a seafood special dish, and to be fair he liked his, my crab cakes on the other hand were gross. They had something in them I could only liken to wet noodles, and the mashed potatoes that came with ( on previous occasions had been terriffic) were cold and tasted like paste. I told our waitress about it and she basically said that the "noodle" I was experiencing was a filler of some sort, at least that is what the "chef" told her. She agreed that it looked pretty nasty and said the owner was in the back and she would relay the message. I was not the only complaint from the evening, it seemed as if everyone was having some sort of issue with the food. In all fairness they did remove the crab cakes from our bill and the waitress was super apologetic and sweet, we honestly thought that if the owner really cared about his business then he should have come out of the back and explain the new "refreshed food" instead of leaving the waitress to take the brunt of the agitation of the patrons. A word of advice, go back to what you were doing before fire this new "chef" and unrefresh your menu, because you still have a great atmosphere but without edible food your gonna sink fast.