“Changed for the worse”

Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Palmerton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Let me say that in all fairness we had been to CBI a few times prior to this last time and each time the food was great. We know they change cooks and let me tell you the new one does not hold a candle to the previous. First they changed the menu, but really they only took off some of the best items, we ordered cheese fries to start and they were flavorless and rubbery. I ordered crab cakes and my husband a seafood special dish, and to be fair he liked his, my crab cakes on the other hand were gross. They had something in them I could only liken to wet noodles, and the mashed potatoes that came with ( on previous occasions had been terriffic) were cold and tasted like paste. I told our waitress about it and she basically said that the "noodle" I was experiencing was a filler of some sort, at least that is what the "chef" told her. She agreed that it looked pretty nasty and said the owner was in the back and she would relay the message. I was not the only complaint from the evening, it seemed as if everyone was having some sort of issue with the food. In all fairness they did remove the crab cakes from our bill and the waitress was super apologetic and sweet, we honestly thought that if the owner really cared about his business then he should have come out of the back and explain the new "refreshed food" instead of leaving the waitress to take the brunt of the agitation of the patrons. A word of advice, go back to what you were doing before fire this new "chef" and unrefresh your menu, because you still have a great atmosphere but without edible food your gonna sink fast.

There are newer reviews for Covered Bridge Inn

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice atmosphere - particularly during ski season. Food is above average. Nice place to visit when cold outside.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We've been here several times, but when we went last month it was closed, except for the bar. They said it was for kitchen renovations. The first time we went last year, my wife ordered fish, and was immediately told they had no fish because the refrigeration had failed and they didn't want to serve it. At least they were honest. On the good side, I ordered a steak, and it was huge and very good. This is a comfortable place, easy to relax. It's fine if you don't expect to much.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

It took over an hour to get our order and an additional 15 minutes to get the fries we ordered with the burger. The fries were hot on the outside but frozen on the inside. We sat at the bar and the bartender seemed to be put out by us showing up. The fried flounder was simply inedible. Never again.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I usually like Covered Bridge inn and talked the place up to friends. I usually start with their gourmet pierogies and get some other bar munchies so thought their meals must be good. SO WRONG!!! I got a beer battered burger on Saturday night and the bun crumbled in my hands when I picked it up. Stale as could be and the burger was practically tasteless! The place was crowded and I wondered "what have I done by talking up the place"...oh well...IF I go back I will stick to bar munchies.
PS: The service was not very good! Just average...had the waitress asked me how were things? I might not be so peeved! I would have told her there!
Stick with overpriced pierogies if you must eat here!