“Disappointment is an understatement”
Review of Covered Bridge Inn

Covered Bridge Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Palmerton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointment is an understatement”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

It took over an hour to get our order and an additional 15 minutes to get the fries we ordered with the burger. The fries were hot on the outside but frozen on the inside. We sat at the bar and the bartender seemed to be put out by us showing up. The fried flounder was simply inedible. Never again.

• Visited July 2012

Bath, Pennsylvania
“Usually great bar munchies but terrible meal”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I usually like Covered Bridge inn and talked the place up to friends. I usually start with their gourmet pierogies and get some other bar munchies so thought their meals must be good. SO WRONG!!! I got a beer battered burger on Saturday night and the bun crumbled in my hands when I picked it up. Stale as could be and the burger was practically tasteless! The place was crowded and I wondered "what have I done by talking up the place"...oh well...IF I go back I will stick to bar munchies.
PS: The service was not very good! Just average...had the waitress asked me how were things? I might not be so peeved! I would have told her there!
Stick with overpriced pierogies if you must eat here!

• Visited March 2012
New Providence, New Jersey
“Pierogis and Wings”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Fresh and fabulous. Everything on menu has been delicious. Been there several times!!

Visited December 2011
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
“Good food, poor atmosphere”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

It's been a while since I went--been twice. Food was good, but it looks like it will be this cute little place and the scantily clad women figured in posters around the bar area was not to my taste. Be a low brow bar or a cute little inn . . . don't be both. We went for a romantic dinner and felt like we had made a U turn into someone's garage workshop with some of the decor.

Lehigh Valley
“Will not return!”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I took his parents to the Covered Bridge Inn for Easter dinner. The menu was impressive, offering an extensive variety of beef and seafood dishes. Service was well-paced, which was to be expected since we were the sole occupants of the restaurant. All four of us ordered some variety or other of seafood. Portions were huge and food quality was fair to good. Before receiving the bill, we mentioned to the waitress that we would be using a Restaurant.com gift certificate. Much to our dismay, she said that the restaurant was no longer accepting these certificates because "too many customers" had been using them. She then showed us a hand-lettered sign dated 3/24 which stated this new policy. Not a single one of us had noticed this sign upon entering the restaurant. Interestingly enough, our certificate had been purchased on 3/27, three days AFTER the policy went into effect. We questioned how we had been able to buy the certificate and when they had officially cancelled their contract with Restaurant.com. The waitress did not know but offered to contact the restaurant's owner, who was out of state, to see if he would be willing to accept our certificate. Unfortunately, he would not. So despite the decent food and service, we will definitely not return. We spent a significant amount of money and felt that the restaurant should have had the decency to honor the $25 certificate. I should mention, however, that the waitress did not charge us for one dessert because of the inconvenience. A very unfortunate because we WOULD have returned had we been treated more respectfully by the owner. Now he has lost four potential long-term customers.

1 Thank speechteach40