“Lacks Communication”

Blue Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Palmerton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Year round Family Friendly Outdoor Adventure. Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, Blue Mountain Resort is just a short day trip from several major cities including New York City and Philadelphia. Come check out all the fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Lacks Communication”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

They lack poor communication with each other all the way around. Too much going on and not enough employees to handle simple tasks. Would never have anything to do with that place again !!

Forked River, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Closed for Tubing when we went”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I planned a trip here for my daughter's 5th birthday. The reason I chose blue mountain was for the family tubing, so we could all be together while snow tubing. It was going to be both my daughter's first time going. We got to the parking lot, got all of us geared up for the cold weather. Went in to buy our tickets and we were informed that the tubing was closed. We said we drove all the way from NJ. We were told to talk to customer service. I explained to them that we drove all the way here AND showed her my conversations with someone on their Blue Mountain facebook page that I had just the day before asking which day we should come tubing that weekend due to the expected possible snow or rain. I was told on their facebook page to come that Friday and was informed of the 3 sessions they have. The lady at customer service said they decided Tuesday that they were gonna close the tubing. Someone should probably inform whoever is in charge of the facebook page this so they do not give out wrong info and have people drive there. Luckily I called camelback mountain, while i was still there and they were open for tubing all day, we could tube from 2 pm till 9 pm. for the same price as blue mountain. It was just another half hour away. so we drove there and tubed. dont' know if i would return to blue mountain or not.

4 Thank kmoore721
PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ski Blue”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son & his friends really enjoy skiing at Blue Mountain. They are usually there for the whole day. They have recently purchased the ski pass which they have used the end of this season and will continue to use thru next season. There are plenty of trails for skiing & snow boarding, and there are also quite a few tubing runs. The facilities are well maintained, the food is okay and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reading, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good PA Terrain, Conditions are often Poor”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Blue Mountain has the highest vertical in PA, and while there aren't any particularly challenging runs on the mountain (even the double blacks aren't too steep) the vertical translates into some nice long groomers from top to bottom. On terrain alone, for its location, Blue would get five stars. But unfortunately the resort gets extremely crowded most of the time, and those nice long groomers become overcrowded with beginner skiers. Trails like Burma Road and Lazy Mile get particularly harrowing on weekends, and dodging fallen skiers is a necessary skill to avoid injury at Blue. Making matters worse, the snow conditions are consistently poor, even when they have no right to be. I visited once on a day when we got 4 inches of powder and the trails at Blue that day were some of the iciest I've ever tried to ski. I've decided that Blue must use bad snowmaking technique on purpose, and that's what creates such lousy conditions day in and day out. That all being said, if you want some great PA terrain and don't mind dodging hundreds of skiers and surviving the ice, Blue is a decent place to go.

Visited December 2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great little resort”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Whilst you are never going to get extensive ski areas in the Pocono mountains, what you do get are a number of small resorts ideally suited to 1 or 2 days skiing that offer a good selection of runs and generally good facilities. This in my opinion is one of the best kept secrets in the area. The lifts are fast and modern the facilites great, especially the lodge near the top of the mountain and the queues significantly smaller than nearby Camelback. Small resorts like this are never going to get 5 stars as by definition the skiing will always be somewhat limited but for a great couple of days it is highly recommended.

Visited February 2013